No Sound on 2011 Aurion Dash Speaker?

Cyanold

Hi Guys,

Just bought 2011 Aurion Touring today, i put my hand on the dash speakers couldnt feel anything when music has high bass, does that mean faulty speakers or there is some setup i can adjust on the default toyota audio system like those in Kenwood which can balance the sound from different speakers?

Thanks in advance

The speakers on the top sides of the dash are tweeters, used for high frequencies only (voice, instruments etc), so you won't feel any bass coming from them :). Your main speakers are located in your two front doors and the rear deck.

• Like 1

The speakers on the top sides of the dash are tweeters, used for high frequencies only (voice, instruments etc), so you won't feel any bass coming from them :). Your main speakers are located in your two front doors and the rear deck.

That makes sense, thanks for that, just feel the sound volume is really poor when driving in highway, no much noise from the tyre i believe.

That makes sense, thanks for that, just feel the sound volume is really poor when driving in highway, no much noise from the tyre i believe.

No worries. The factory Aurion stereo (all versions) have a feature called ASL ('Automatic Sound Leveliser') built-in, which adjusts the volume/tone of your music depending on the speed you're travelling, which is great for when you're on the highway. It's possible that someone has set this feature to 'LOW' on your stereo. On the basic units you press the 'AUDIO CTRL' button (the knob on the left which also operates the 'TUNE/FILE' selection), select ASL and you can choose from 'LOW', 'MID' or 'HIGH'. Since yours is a facelift Touring model you may have the colour LCD screen version (or perhaps even the SatNav stereo) so getting to the setting in the menu may be slightly different, but it'll definitely be there. Could be worth having a play around with to see if it gets any better :)