Can't get a replacement VVTI Oil line?

Aurion2Envy

How do I get Toyota to replace the oil lines they keep telling me they won't replace unless it's actually leaking. I don't feel safe driving knowing it can burst any second...

I got my Oil Cooler Hose replaced at Chatswood Toyota.Chatswood Toyota simply replaced the oil cooler hose without asking any questions. Argued with Ryde Toyota about the VVTI Oil Hose but to no avail.

4 hours ago, Aurionsx6 said:

How do I get Toyota to replace the oil lines they keep telling me they won't replace unless it's actually leaking. I don't feel safe driving knowing it can burst any second...

Who told you that? My bottom oil cooler pipe burst in a dramatic fashion, and oh does it spew oil out at a fast rate. This was fixed free of charge, however they won't entertain the top vvti pipe that they have reported as leaking, even though this was part of a customer care exercise years ago. Has anyone paid to have the top vvti pipe changed for the full metal type, and if so how much did it cost?

5 hours ago, Aurion388 said:

I got my Oil Cooler Hose replaced at Chatswood Toyota.Chatswood Toyota simply replaced the oil cooler hose without asking any questions. Argued with Ryde Toyota about the VVTI Oil Hose but to no avail.

Thanks I will give them a go

Did they replace the top or bottom? Or both?

would I be pushing it to ask to replace both?

45 minutes ago, morphski said:

Who told you that? My bottom oil cooler pipe burst in a dramatic fashion, and oh does it spew oil out at a fast rate. This was fixed free of charge, however they won't entertain the top vvti pipe that they have reported as leaking, even though this was part of a customer care exercise years ago. Has anyone paid to have the top vvti pipe changed for the full metal type, and if so how much did it cost?

It was western Toyota in villawood. 

Are these pipes 100% certain to fail or were there just some bad batches ?

Aurionsx6, Chatswood Toyota only replaced the bottom pipe as it was the only one listed under the official recall :/ I doubt they'd replace the top one but I haven't tried pushing them yet. Maybe try your luck with them? 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone point me too in the AURION MANUAL DVD of which heading to look at the breakdown of the actual "Oil Cooler" lines as I look under "Lubrication" and it not there.

Or could someone list the part for metal oil cooler replace lines and gasket in number of quantity required, as it is a vague at what to get?

As I can see there 2 metal oil cooler lines and there would be 4 gasket or I'm not seeing it wrong?

I would appreciate your help thanks, as this way I can order all the parts at once, via Amayama

Cheers Andrew

8 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Full Throttle posted all the part numbers including gaskets on page 1 of this thread in two separate posts.

Does not make sense, as I say there 2 metal oil pipes, can someone else please answer.

4 hours ago, Aurion ZR6 said:

Does not make sense, as I say there 2 metal oil pipes, can someone else please answer.

I'm not sure how it does not make sense to you.

This pipe replaces the two separate end flanges and the rubber hose for the oil cooler. The gasket part numbers are also located on page 1.

15767-31020, is the part below:

81LRa%2BS4YJL._SL1500_.jpg

I phoned Toyota Australia today and spoke with their Customer Experience area. As per previous posts, I was advised that the oil cooler lines would only be replaced if they were leaking. I enquired about the VVTi line but this was not included. Looks like it is a case of monitoring for oil leaks then book the car into a dealer when it happens.

The VVti line diameter is approx. 10mm [3/8"] and the oil cooler line diameter is approx. 16mm [5/8"]. In an emergency, I reckon that I could do a roadside repair to replace the rubber hose on the VVTi line. An emergency roadside repair on the Newell Highway for one or both of the oil cooler hoses is definitely something I want to avoid. 

After many internet searches and looking at braided oil hoses on eBay, I will definitely be ordering the oil cooler part and gaskets from Amayama to fit when I do my next oil change in a few months. 

I did find instructions for replacing the VVTi oil line.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/122-2nd-generation-2008-2013/432008-diy-replacing-rear-bank-vvt-i-oil-line.html

I now need to find similar instructions preferably with photos for replacing/fitting the oil cooler lines.

Thanks for the update Ashley..Yes the old wait until something happens really makes me angry..as it would be just my luck to be middle of nowhere when they go boom!

KAA

I will also be ordering the top vvti all metal pipe and gaskets. Toyota have just quoted me $256.25 to replace it with the new improved rubber version, don't think so. All metal route for me. Don't know how they can get away with replacing it with the rubber version. They should make it mandatory that all pipes are the full metal type.

On 01/05/2016 at 9:53 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

I'm not sure how it does not make sense to you.

This pipe replaces the two separate end flanges and the rubber hose for the oil cooler. The gasket part numbers are also located on page 1.

15767-31020, is the part below:

81LRa%2BS4YJL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks as I now can see it is 1 part and not 2?
Cheers Drew