Debadging vs Paint fade - A worry or not really..?

suffixwhk

Guys I wanna tidy up the rear end of my Sportivo but its red and I'm just hesitant..

It's an 09 model, I wouldn't say its been sitting in the sun all its life or anything. The body and paint look brand new to me. A lot of shimmy and shine to it but I just wondered, has anyone debadged and gotten stuck with some color fading?

Is that a thing to worry about?

I obviously don't wanna just rip everything off and regret it!

:g:

I wouldn't worry about it. Just clean up the area afterwards with methylated spirits (rubbing alcohol) to remove any residual double sided tape, and if by any slim chance you can still see an outline of the badge(s) on the paint in certain lights then some cut and polish will clear it right up B)

• Like 1

I watched a couple of videos on how to and it looks simple enough. But I was worried because my ride is red that there may be more chance of some shadowing or faded paint over say a white or silver body.. (which all the tutorials were, white and silver)

Just an update if anyone was thinking about debadging:

The whole process took about an hour to do and I found the easiest way was to heat the badges, use dental floss to cut through the adhesive then a spray bottle with alcohol in it and just keep soaking the adhesive till it gave up and came off easily.

I tried rubbing for my life and I found I got nowhere. Let the alcohol do the work.

I have a very very light shadow of the camry and sportivo lettering but I think a deep cut and polish will help me out. I used an instant detailer spray to tidy my car up and went over where the badges used to be and its almost unnoticeable already.

post-39668-0-85413300-1451199548_thumb.j

post-39668-0-35774300-1451199555_thumb.j

post-39668-0-24024200-1451199561_thumb.j

post-39668-0-61078900-1451199567_thumb.j