Toyota Camry Ateva 2004 V6 3.0L Oil Grade

AXwFS0OIUDoE

Hello,

I have a Toyota Camry Ateva 2004 V6 3.0L which has traveled for a total distance of 210,000 kilometers.

My father used to own this car and he used to take it to a mechanic to change the oil so I have never changed the oil before.

I decided to change the oil myself this time so that it is both cheaper and I know for sure what oil I am putting in it.

I did some Googling and I read that the Toyota recommended oil grade is 5w30 but I also read that I should use 10w40 because the engine has done a lot of kilometers and so a thicker oil would be better.

For the oil type and brand, i decided to go with synthetic Penrite or Castrol Edge. Are these good brands or would you recommend something else?

Basically, I want to keep this car running for the next 4 years until I buy a Hilux so I want the most durable oil that will keep engine wear to a minimum.

That should all be fine. The 1MZ--FE is a pretty hardy engine. 10W-40 would be my pick. I have a personal preference of Penrite.

Thank you Trent. I decided to go with 10W40 but I am not sure if I should get Penrite or Nulon. Both are very good quality oils according to what I read about them but Nulon is about $10 cheaper.