second hand transmission

firezuki

Hey gang.  Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to get a second hand transmission from.

I have a 2007 Presara taxi.  Done nearly 640,000 but starting to slip in 2nd and 3rd.  

Preferably in Perth but anywhere is of interest!

• Like 1

Mr. Firezuki,

Not specifically a reply to your query. However I ask a question. After 640K are you still on the original motor? is the motor in good shape?

What about the rest of the mechanicals? I guess the seats are looking a bit the worse for wear.

Any other comments you have on the overall performance of your Presara?

Regarding the transmission - would it benefit from a trans. oil change as discussed recently in this forum?

Thank you.

No-one has ever called me Mr Firezuki!!!:laugh:

I replaced the engine at 470,00 after it blew a cylinder.  My local mechanic said he could do the head but that would bump the compression back up and he thought the bottom of the motor would then go.  So I put in a second hand motor. 

The rest of the car's mechanicals have been excellent.  Yes the front drivers seat looks a bit worn but no tears in the leather.  Passenger side seat still looks pretty good and rear seats (surprisingly) still look excellent.  

The gearbox at this stage is still fully functional but it is slightly slipping in 2nd and 3rd.  I have secured a 2nd hand gearbox (60,000kms) for $1400.

Goes in Fri week.  

The car will cease to be a taxi next Jan (10 year max on vehicles) so in that time I will replace the front shocks as well.  Need to do these things whilst I can claim them on taxi!

Overall NSW this has been the best car I've had as a cab by a country mile.  Although the car is 9 years old and done those K's I still get passengers asking me if it is a new car!

I reckon I have sold quite a few for Toyota over the years to passengers in the cab.  And, after all this time, every single button still work on this car.

Remarkable.  

2 hours ago, nswnotill said:

My Aurion has 160K on the odo. so another 300K to run before a major overhaul.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that, the 2GR-FE usually lets go before those KMs. I think Firezuki has gotten very lucky with his car.

Not luck Trent, skill!

I always replaced the oil and filter at 10,000km rather than the 15,000km recommended.  And replaced with a fully synthetic oil.  

It definitely helps that most of the running I do is out of the city - not a lot of stop start stuff.  

22 minutes ago, firezuki said:

Not luck Trent, skill!

I always replaced the oil and filter at 10,000km rather than the 15,000km recommended.  And replaced with a fully synthetic oil.  

It definitely helps that most of the running I do is out of the city - not a lot of stop start stuff.  

Taxis always run higher ks since they don't go through the same number of cold-start cycles that a normal car does.