Potenza RE003 tyres

matt36415

2007, all stock. My wife replaced the front tyres for me to pass last rego. She dosent know whats what with any car stuff and she got Diamondback tyres - I think she got them after saying she didnt want to pay too much. We have 2 aurions, these 2 tyres are now our spares. 

I got Bridgestone Potenza re003 tyres for $130 each in the stock size.

I was pretty impressed with that as the reviews for them are excellent. In my bit of driving on them they do seem pretty sticky.

Just thought I would let you all know, great tyres dont have to be super expensive

I do think that the stock tyres are a compromise tyre i.e. they sacrifice performance and grip for a quiet, compliant ride. That's what most people want though. However, with the RE003, you get a much better performing tyre without giving up too much on comfort and road noise. They are outstanding value!

They should go pretty well, providing they are rotated. Some people have managed to get 80,000 Kms out of their RE002s. My Galant VR-4 has done 20,000 Kms in RE002s and still has far more than 50% tread left. The treadwear rating of 220 seems soft, but 220 for Bridgestone seems to be the equivalent of a higher rating from another manufacturer.

It is good for its values. After change the Potenza RE003, the car have excellent controlling. I got them during Christmas Sales, and only $400 for set of 16 inch stock size with fitting.   

• 5 months later...

Reviveeeee!!! Hahaha 

I have re003s on my 2010 atx and its accompanied by dba t2 rotors and bendix pads all round ... After one week of getting them , I took a trip down to the kurringai national park (at night as I was meeting up with my old man for a fishing sesh) and I swear that through the mountain twisty's I was going 80-90kms min. And all u could smell was breaks and tyres but not once did it let go, the more i accelerated the more it wanted to dive in .... I got them for 129$ each buy 3 get one free plus 50$ for wheel alignment and balance at mascot Bridgestone in Sydney 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm actually up for a set of 4, so these are the go?

ive had Falken on my Prodigy for the past two years, averaging around 40k km a year, they are ok but wanting something better.

i was hoping to put coopers on, according to there website they make a SUV tyre that fits 215/60R16, but I can't find anyone that stocks them.

has anyone had Michelin, GoodYear, Perreli, Continental, etc. on there Aurion?

is the re003 the best to go with?

I am no expert.

The re003 set I have now has done well for the 10,000km Ive had them. They seem to be wearing reasonably, and they stick well. Its hard to compare when you only get new tyres every few years.

Interesting article here really shows the difference between the rubbish tyres on the goodies with some surprising results I bought the Continentals with good results so far.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmpshina.com%2Ftests%2F123451038

If you have problem with the link copy & paste this into the Translate field  http://mpshina.com/tests/123451038

You may have to search for the odd Russian heading on the tables with google translate to get the gist of it

Edited by mg85
Link not working

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently put re003's on my Prodigy, OMG what a difference, the rears at still the Falken I got ages ago and I want to replace them with re003's but they have two much tread to just chuck away.

i can't believe the difference for an extra $25 a tyre, and $125 a tyre is pretty good for what it is.

thanks guys/girls, love 'em