Paddle shifters on TRD Aurion.

TrentTRD320

This thred goes out particularly to Mr Full Throttle out there... Where on earth did you get those paddle shifters for your steering wheel!!! 

Want! Want! Want!

Anyone else out there with info of how to install paddle shifters on Aurions would be greatly appreciated. 

Just awesome.

The steering wheel I'm using is from a Japanese Toyota Blade Master G, which coincidentally has the same V6 2GR-FE engine that the Aurion does. They come with factory plastic paddle shifters, but the paddles on my one are from a Lexus IS-F which are made from magnesium (not that it makes any difference to the performance, lol). You could use a paddle shift steering wheel from other models, such as the Lexus IS250 etc, but if you want to add the paddles to your factory Aurion steering wheel I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Wiring was relatively easy as I just had to add two extra pins to the factory airbag clock spring. I also had to swap over the airbag module on the back of the hornpad but that was easy, albeit nerve-wracking. I wired the paddles to the shifter in the centre console, so it just mimics what it would be like if you changed gears using the knob (which you can still use if you want to). The new steering wheel didn't have a 'DISP' button for the cluster, but luckily I managed to wire in the radar cruise control button to function as the 'DISP' button instead. All in all they work well with no lag. Admittedly I don't often use them and they're mainly just a novelty, but it's a nice addition to have just for the hell of it :smile:

IMG_1855-1-resized.jpg

IMG_1324-resized.jpg

• Like 1

Jesus! The end result is brilliant though. I'd love to get my hands on that setup you have. Was it difficult to obtain those particular parts to make it all work? You sound like you know what you're doing when it comes to wiring it all up.

10 hours ago, GDude said:

Hmmmmm...would anyone know if IS350 or IS-F steering wheel would fit?

Both will fit fine, and I'm 99% sure you can resuse your factory Aurion clock spring without any problems at all. You'll likely have to change over your airbag igniter on the back of the hornpad if it's only a single stage airbag (sounds & looks scarier than it is) and add a couple more wires to your clock spring for the paddle shifters but apart from that it's an easy swap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread:

Looks like it will work, but make sure you get a decent condition steering wheel with an airbag module as the Aurion airbag module won't fit. You're looking around 1K for the complete steering wheel if you order parts from the US. From a wrecker locally -- don't know. I haven't had a chance to look for an IS350 wreck yet.

• 3 weeks later...