Ecu tuning ?

So I was browsing facebook when I came across agri tuning boasting that they have the tools to tune a wide range of Toyota ecus. I thought why not ask just for the sake of asking if they can tune a trd aurion. Turns out they can ? 

Have u guys heard of agri tune ? 

Depending on how much they qoute me I might get it done. 

Hey mate, I just had a peek at their website and it all sounds pretty good. If their tuning the actual ECU and not using a piggy back system it'd be a first for a TRD Aurion. The majority of TRD Aurion's, depending on the dyno used, put between 180 to 200kw to the wheels with out any intake or exhaust modifications. I'd love to see what kind of power this mob could pull out of a Supercharged 2GR-FE with a good tune. 

Go for it!

If the tune works well and you could get, say a reliable 220-230kw to the ground, Agritune would have a conga line of Aurion owners lining up to get their cars done! Me included.

I'm really interested to hear what other people think.

Indeed I am quite excited. however to my knowledge the engine and tuning of the car has been pushed to its near absolute limit, I don't think we will experience a gain of 30 kw at the wheels (and if somehow we do, it won't be reliable). The only way i believe the aurion can gain power through a tune is to throw emissions out the window and see what power gain we can get. I believe this power gain will be marginal at best. Hopefully I can have a discussion with one the tuners and we'll c what happens. 

To hell with fuel Economy!!!!

Please keep us updated on this mate, I'm really keen to pull some more power out of my girl too. The possibilities that open up if Agritune can properly tune the ECU on a TRD Aurion are very exciting.

Cant wait!

image.jpeg

Obviously due to the limited development costs TRD Australia had at the time, they didn't strengthen any of the internals of the stock 2GR-FE when they fitted the supercharger. 

So are you suggesting that even a good safe tune would bring limited power gains unless you are willing to get in there and do a rebuild.

Seems pretty obvious to me if the engine internals were not strengthened over a stock 2GR-FE making the engine develop more KWs is going to have some bearing on engine life.

You can get some crazy KWs out of a XR6 turbo engine however it will go boom a hell of a lot quicker than due to stress brought on by the modifications also in reality if you spent the money to do this you would have to use on a regular basis ay. 

1 hour ago, TrentTRD320 said:

Obviously due to the limited development costs TRD Australia had at the time, they didn't strengthen any of the internals of the stock 2GR-FE when they fitted the supercharger. 

So are you suggesting that even a good safe tune would bring limited power gains unless you are willing to get in there and do a rebuild.

I have personally witnessed one grenade on a factory tune.

20 hours ago, TrentTRD320 said:

I Obviously due to the limited development costs TRD Australia had at the time, they didn't strengthen any of the internals of the stock 2GR-FE when they fitted the supercharger. 

I conquer, strengthening the internals is a must in my opinion especially if you want reliable power gains. However i simply just dont have the budget for that. I was talking to my friend in regards to gaining reliable power. He mentioned something in regards to getting a custom supercharger spacer so that an intercooler can fit inbetween the supercharger and the intake manifold ( which will also require a tune). E85 is also another option because it has better cooling properties. I was quoted by independent motorsports for a e85 flex fuel conversion for 5k which includes a piggy back ecu.

Hold on fellas, reliable power? what does that mean?

I expect you would want a Reliable and Long lasting engine in a street car, to my way of thinking on this topic you are not going to be able to achieve this with a significant modification for a power increase in a standard engine.

But what the hell go for it, but I wouldn't expect both power & longevity.

Chances are im probably gonna go for it anyway. But i just got a message back from one of the blokes from agri tune. 

"We can tune them but the petrol tunes for these are not ready yet as we are trying to get the best from them. 
Shouldn't be much longer buy development is not a one day thing. "
".we are working our way through the models. "
cleardot.gif

6 hours ago, Cam0101 said:

Need to do internals, wasn't the Conrods notorious in 2gr-fe of failing?

I think that is a fair assessment. The small aluminium pieces are parts of a couple of pistons.

photo 12463765_10153859337089136_1934550199_n_zpsezjmihjp.jpg

For a marginal power increase it gonna cost quite a bit.

I love my TRD. BUT if I wanted to spend a decent pile of cash for a marginal power, I could have a XR6T make 3 - 5 times the amount of power gain.

Heh, I love the wince that photo induces each time I see it.
I'll admit, I'd love it if I had the money spare to strengthen the internals, even if it didn't really mean any power benefit that wouldn't worry me. Love my car, and it would be nice to just make sure it will last longer.
Haha, at least dreaming of doing that doesn't cost me anything :p

Wow,

Some of you guys are looking at the wrong engine to modify if you want something with more power than the supercharged engine Aurion why don't you get a V8 or modify a XR6 Turbo? Lets face it the Aurion is a great car but not one that is that great if you want it modify it to go really fast.

Front wheel drive?

Suspension?

Auto?

Please, I beg you, take one for a drive and experience the ferociousness of that engine under full load. The car feels like it's trying to eat you alive. It's hysterical. Yeah you can pull massive power relatively cheaply out of a falcon turbo six and put a lot more of it's power to the ground but I find those cars are totally devoid of any sort of character, or x-factor. Not too mention how common and poorly built Falcons are. What TRD managed to create with virtually no money and a reasonably conservative donor car Is brilliant, I love the fact that TRD Aurion has a bit of a cult following now. 

When you get that supercharged bug inside of you, you just want more!!!

12 minutes ago, TrentTRD320 said:

When you get that supercharged bug inside of you, you just want more!!!

In that case, you should try a big turbo car. Nothing throws you into the seat the same(yes I have had a supercharged car).