1400Kg Towbar for LH125R

EB2

Hi All,

I've had a snoop around and tried using the search function, but couldn't see if anyone had asked the same question.

It turns out when a vehicle gets licensed or goes over the pits and it's reweighed, and the Rego's written up with various specifications that they go by the manufacturers specs for the vehicle.

Strangely this has led to a tow-capacity for my Hiace of 2000Kg which I know is not correct...or at least - not correct for Australia.

Now, I don't need to tow anything above 1000Kgs+/- 200Kgs, but it is interesting to note that the same vehicle in Europe was rated for 2000Kgs whereas Australia gets a 1400Kg rating...I wonder what was different.

Does or has anyone have/had/has a 1.4 T towbar fitted to their Hiace, or could someone recommend a place around the Perth WA area to have one done?

I've had some quotes already, interestingly a 1T towbar you can get for about $400, but an extra 400Kgs will cost $1090....so I'm wondering if I'm being taken for a ride, or if they're just getting hard to get.

Alternatively, if someone has a 1.4T towbar for sale, how much would you want for it?

Cheers!