Question : ZZE122R corolla 2005 A/T Fitting after market Cruise Control

lleeiz

Hi, I want to fit a after market cruise control in my corolla 2005 Dec. It is ZZE122R, 1.8L, A/T, electronic throttle body control.

However, all the "How to video" on youtube are not same as my car. I had some photo attached. I only have 2 pins in that port and only 1 pin is actually ported out on the other side.

How can I fit it in the car? I know the black wire is ground. Where should I plug the red wire in? 

Don't laugh at me. I tried to plug the red one in the spare pin and the black one on the metal part of the steering wheel (I though it's ground). But when I press cruise control, the horn rang off.

20160212_123151.jpg

20160212_123339.jpg

20160212_122845.jpg

20160212_122624.jpg

7 hours ago, CHA54 said:

you need a different clockspring with the pins all populated.  You can't share the horn trigger

Thank you for your help.

If I got a new clockspring, the ground wire for the horn is the only one actually ported out from the clockspring. Should I connect the red wire of the cruise control to some pin on ECU, or some other port in the car. 

you will need to run 2 new wires from the body-side of the clockspring. One to the ECU and another to the engine ground loom (Brown wires that ground in the lug that bolts to the end of the head near the radiator hose connection).

I don't have a DBW 1zzfe diagram handy, but the 3zzfe is very similar and has a CCS pin in position 24 of the 35 pin ECU plug.  If you're lucky the ECU will be cruise control enabled and it might work.   You may also have to check if the cluster actually has a cruise light and that is wired to the ECU also.

plug E13.png

3zz dbw.png

Edited by CHA54

3 hours ago, CHA54 said:

you will need to run 2 new wires from the body-side of the clockspring. One to the ECU and another to the engine ground loom (Brown wires that ground in the lug that bolts to the end of the head near the radiator hose connection).

I don't have a DBW 1zzfe diagram handy, but the 3zzfe is very similar and has a CCS pin in position 24 of the 35 pin ECU plug.  If you're lucky the ECU will be cruise control enabled and it might work.   You may also have to check if the cluster actually has a cruise light and that is wired to the ECU also.

plug E13.png

3zz dbw.png

Thank you for your help. 

I found this on internet. But I don't know what 10 CCS means on the EUC box. Is that pin 10 of the 35 pin ECU plug?

0996b43f8025ae85.gif

56 minutes ago, CHA54 said:

That's the non-drive-by-wire diagram.  Not applicable to your car.  It uses the external cruise control actuator motor like a cable throttle ZZT231 celica

You are genius. Thanks a lot. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2016 at 10:52 PM, CHA54 said:

plug E13.png

3zz dbw.png

Would it be possible for you to post the rest of this wiring diagram? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply to this thread.

Did the cruise control work for you @lleeiz after installing the new clock spring, without needing to re-flash the ECU?

I have the same model corolla with the same issue.

Thanks and looking forward to your response.

• 2 years later...