Kluger Grande Sat Nav Head unit knobs Issue

LindaGol

Hi all

I'm new here - I have posted this is in the Kluger section and thought I'd post here as well (please let me know if this is ok).

I have searched through but can't seem to find a thread for this issue - please point me to one if there is one, thanks.

I have a 2008 Kluger Grande and the control knobs have come off the unit - the ones that control the radio volume, on/off, tuning, etc.
Mine is not the only one that had this issue - I test drove a couple of others and they had the same thing as well as seeing others since.

I have taken the car back to the dealer several times and they ordered in new knobs and found that they could not fit them as they don't have the bit inside the knob to attach them to the unit.

They have said that they need to replace the whole head unit because there is no way to repair or to attach the new knobs. They said that they will look for the exact same unit for me (which suits me as I'd like to keep it as original as possible).

Anyone have a solution to this other than replacing the unit?

Cheers, LA

2016-02-11 18.09.38.jpg

Hi Linda, I would go with the full replacement if it was mine..at least then a new unit and a plug and play..only other 20 cents worth I can throw in is hunting online for same unit yourself..or wreckers ..so if Toyota dealer's are prepared to come to the party with a replacement new unit then let them

Good Luck and hope it is sorted fast for you.

KAA 

9 hours ago, KAA said:

Hi Linda, I would go with the full replacement if it was mine..at least then a new unit and a plug and play..only other 20 cents worth I can throw in is hunting online for same unit yourself..or wreckers ..so if Toyota dealer's are prepared to come to the party with a replacement new unit then let them

Good Luck and hope it is sorted fast for you.

KAA 

Hi KAA - Yep - I'm thinking that that is the way to go. They have been looking for an exact replacement unit and are waiting for one to come in. Provided it's in good condition this will at least come with some sort of warranty in case the same thing happens again.

It's so wasteful to think that what should be a small repair is not possible and the whole unit needs to be replaced - we can send men to the moon but can't fix two radio knobs!!

I'm hoping it will be soon as my fingers are getting sore trying to turn the stalks in there...  :D

• Like 1

LOL opps sorry yes sore fingertips till then or maybe throw in a pair of pliers to save the poor things.

I am hopeful it is all sorted as you want it..if not then maybe time to spoil yourself and upgrade too a new aftermarket, I had too as I Love my tunes and went through Monster Audio..would HIGHLY recommend them as they did a perfect job on my Presara

Good Luck, Stay Well

KAA

• Like 1