2015 ASV50R Radio Swap Over For SatNav ?

Aussie Camry

2 hours ago, sportivo2007 said:

You cant install the sat nav as they all run off an amp from your camry aurion model  ,you can install a universal Toyota unit which i have done in my aurion ,you would need a fascia to install it  

17hl0-rav4-ng-audio-and-navigation-satellite-navigation-940x529.jpg

$(KGrHqRHJDQE-n9m0Yd,BPvFR0gTk!~~60_3.JPG

And will these retain the steering wheel controls and reverse camera and bluetooth and will it be plug and play or will there be rewiring involved.

Will with mine i had to re-wire the camera plus the steering controls thanks to phil ,due to this unit being to new for my aurion as it comes in the new Toyota models ,but it should be plug and play for your camry as its a new model ,if you could provide me with a picture of your current plugs i could tell you more  .

Perhaps the link below  from Ebay will be of help. It appears to be compatible with 50 series and is sold by a reputable seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-Camry-Car-DVD-GPS-Player-Stereo-TAU-Head-Unit-Sat-Nav-Atara-Altise-/271622119480?hash=item3f3df0a038:g:32wAAOSwfcVUKloA

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TIDYWAZZA said:

Perhaps the link below  from Ebay will be of help. It appears to be compatible with 50 series and is sold by a reputable seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-Camry-Car-DVD-GPS-Player-Stereo-TAU-Head-Unit-Sat-Nav-Atara-Altise-/271622119480?hash=item3f3df0a038:g:32wAAOSwfcVUKloA

If you want to downgrade your current Toyota sound quality & everything you would get one of these ,if you want quality you would go for a Toyota unit or a branded after market unit ,but if you dont mind ,quality go for those eBay units ,just my 2 cents

9 minutes ago, sportivo2007 said:

If you want to downgrade your current Toyota sound quality & everything you would get one of these ,if you want quality you would go for a Toyota unit or a branded after market unit ,but if you dont mind ,quality go for those eBay units ,just my 2 cents

I have an aftermarket head unit in my Kluger and the sound quality was the same if not better as I can fully adjust the sound to my liking as for my standard unit in my camry I can barely adjust anything at all. At least they also blend into the car better then some units that stick out like they don't belong in the car.

Everyone has a different opinion i guess i wouldn't agree that they would sound better or there even close ,you get what you pay for at the end of they day,if you want quality you pay for it , if it satisfies your needs then you should install one 

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Is there any conclusion regarding this topic?

I am getting a brand new 2016 Toyota Camry RZ special edition that will be delivered in a couple days time and I'm getting very excited now. 

The only thing that still in the back of my mind is there is no sat nav, even in the RZ model. After spending $29,990 and I still have to spend another $2,500 if I want the dealer to fit the sat nav (it is not a factory fitted but an aftermarket fittied by the dealer using a genuine Toyota sat nav).

That unit from ebay, is it a genuine Toyota unit or an aftermarket one? How good is that unit the one from ebay? SInce it is a brand new car, I just feel a bit unsure to get the unit from ebay from an unknown resource but I really want to have a sat nav. 

Do you guys reckon to spend another $2,500 for the sat nav is worth ? Since if you want to have a factory fitted you need to spend $35,000 for the Atara SX but I still like the look of the RZ.

Any input from you guys very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

RZ75

My opinion is you get what you pay for..personally the Toyota Unit is OK..But for the price they want you could get a TOP of the range aftermarket fitted..I cant talk about the unit from ebay as I went for a Clarion unit ..so I would look around at places like Monster Audio or equal..I am sure you will find one with all the features you can hope for..Good Luck with your new buy

KAA

Why don't you just buy a mobile phone holder???Image result for mobile holder for car

For the money you save on a stereo with Sat Nav you can then look at a higher quality head unit with Bluetooth, handsfree, all the bells and whistles...

Just a thought.

I just purchased a 11/2015 Atara SL (satnav included.) demo with 8 months rego, 5,000 kms for $28,000 drive away. Thats how to get all the bells and whistles  (no sun roof)  all thats left now will be to tart up the exterior. 

Thanks very much guys for all the advice and inputs. 

I am going to check this local car sound shop (Maroochy Sounds), I have been advice during the pick up of me new RZ that the cheapest and best option would this local shop that can fit the add on Sat Nav for under $1000 fitted.

Cheers,

Went to Maroochy Car Sound today.

And there is 2 options I can have:

1. Upgrade the head unit to Alpine for $2700 fitted.

Pros: Awesome quality.

It is a stunning head unit.

Cons: Very expensive and I just can't afford it for that price.

Have different fascia to the original one and make looks like an aftermarket one.

Loosing the car data info.

2. Toyota head unit same as the one on ebay above for $1500 fitted with 3 years on part and labour warranty.

Pros: Looks just like the factory fitted. (with Toyota welcome thingy)

Reasonable price, slightly more expensive than the on ebay but at least this one will get peace of mind warranty and the shop just the down the road from where I live.

Cons: Still loosing all the car data info. The biggest thing for me is loosing the fuel range. It is very handy information to have to know the range you will get until the tank is empty as I do highway driving to work every day from Sunshine coast to Brisbane and back.

So now I'm in the biggest dilemma, should I upgrade it to get SatNav but will loosing that fuel range info or not. With the average fuel consumption and the current fuel consumption etc I still can get it from the MID display on the dashboard but there is no info for the range to the empty tank on the MID on the dashboard.

To get the cheap separate satnav such as Navman or Garmin, it just makes the car looks a bit clutter.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

RZ75

Noooooo, I was wrong ! Yes I can set it up to have the range o tank empty on the MID on dashboard. I just need to change the setting !

It seems I might go ahead with that upgraded unit then.

Thanks guys. Sorry to jumped the gun too quickly.

Cheers,

RZ75

Glad you sorted the mileage issue..keep us updated..we all do the "Oh Crap why doesn't it just do what I want....moments

KAA