Hilux injector leakage

Lennie

I was one of the original pioneers ,I knocked up 199,950 ks in a short time on my 2007 diesel Hilux, I had it serviced every 10,000 k  and just before my 200,000 k service the motor seized up,the motor mechanics scratched their heads  , so I took it to an expert , $14,000, later  I was on the road again. The problem was the copper injector gasket letting hot gas into the oil ,blocking up the oil intake over time until it starved the engine of oil . well guess what , I have only got another 103,000 up on the rebuild , and the rattle has come back ,I took it to the same company that did the rebuild , and the diagnoses is that the no 1 cylinder is oil starved , possibly from the sump pickup being clogged again,I have owned Toyotas for over 30 years , , My first hilux was an 83 model and I sold it with 600,000 ks and it is still , going on a cattle station in Qld ,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im new to this forum, being a mechanic and  working on euro diesel engines. In my experience,  the seals under the injectors between the cylinder head and injectors do leak gases from the combustion process. On the d4d engine these gases leak into the inside of the rocker cover producing a thick substance. The surface of the cylinder head needs to be clean and the injector base reemed flat , then the injector torqued down to specifications. My hilux is recently purchased and i will be checking valve clearances  as often as i can and keeping a very close eye on any build up and or noise. Plus changing the seals as good measure. Every engine has a weakness of some type.