YARIS ENGINE NUMBER CONFLICT

breaker1

I am thinking of buying a 2007 Yaris in NSW and in doing a PPRS check I find that the engine number on the Compliance Plate does not appear to match the Engine number on the PPRS check

the Compliance Plate reads: 1NZ-FE****   (with 4 digits after the FE)

the PPRS check reads: 1NZC******   (with 6 digits after the C)

Why is that different?

Does the "C" in the PPRS check mean CHANGE as in that it had an engine change sometime?

The PPRS and compliance plate VIN number and rego numbers do agree (are the same)

Any clues on the PPRS 1NZC******  - what does it mean with "C" and six digits after it ?

Thanks

breaker

On 3/4/2016 at 1:00 AM, breaker1 said:

I am thinking of buying a 2007 Yaris in NSW and in doing a PPRS check I find that the engine number on the Compliance Plate does not appear to match the Engine number on the PPRS check

the Compliance Plate reads: 1NZ-FE****   (with 4 digits after the FE)

the PPRS check reads: 1NZC******   (with 6 digits after the C)

Why is that different?

Does the "C" in the PPRS check mean CHANGE as in that it had an engine change sometime?

The PPRS and compliance plate VIN number and rego numbers do agree (are the same)

Any clues on the PPRS 1NZC******  - what does it mean with "C" and six digits after it ?

Thanks

breaker

The engine number should be 1NZC******, Toyota don't usually put the full engine spec (ie 1NZ-FE) in their engine numbers.

Are the 4 digits after 1NZ-FE on the compliance plate 1497 by any chance?

Hi Ian

Yes! it is 1497 - I just worked it out  (with thanks to you) - whats on the compliance plate then, is the engine size 1497cc (1.5 ltr) not the engine number  lol

so the "C" in the correct Engine Number (1NZC******) is normal then?

Is there a "C" in all 2005 - 2007 1.5 ltr engine numbers ? If so, what does the "C" stand for?

thanks so far

breaker

58 minutes ago, breaker1 said:

so the "C" in the correct Engine Number (1NZC******) is normal then?

Is there a "C" in all 2005 - 2007 1.5 ltr engine numbers ? If so, what does the "C" stand for?

thanks so far

breaker

It means everything and nothing - there will be a codes relating to the factory it was built in, build date, serial number etc etc and doesn't mean anything to anyone outside of Toyota.  The main thing in this case is that it matches on all documentation.