Exhaust. Ripped off?

Bamsv2

Hey guys,

I'm in some need of advice.

Today I took my 2014 Aurion into an exhaust shop in Perth to get some work done.

When I made the booking I told them my car was a V6 aurion and I asked for a 2.5" cat back exhaust with mufflers and tips (mild steel) for under $700 which they said they could do.

After i dropped the car off today I received a call saying that they didn't realise it was a dual exhaust and were under the impression it was a single pipe all the way to the rear.

They then said they could no longer do a cat back and offered instead to install 2 2.5" high flow/straight through performance mufflers with tips within my price range.

I, having already dropped my car off and trusting the mechanics (bearing in mind this place is "award winning") decided to trust them.

I picked up my car at about 5:30 to find out they had installed 2 2.5" supercat mufflers with stainless tips. The price was $660 for parts and labor. This instantly seemed steep, however they were closed as they'd waited back 30min for me to pick up the car and I hadn't heard the car yet so I didn't want to pass judgement and complain straight away.

They said it was loud but not obnoxiously loud and said that if i found it too quiet i could come back and they would remove the resonator for free.

This is when I hand over the $660, thank them for everything, take the keys and drive off...

The car sounds absolutely beautiful, much deeper and louder from about 1900-2300rpm. However outside of this range there is no difference in tone or noise, it basically sounds stock.

I am quite disappointed that $660 worth of work only gave me this much of a result. I would be happy if the noise we heard in that 1900-2300rpm was able to heard throughout a larger rpm spectrum.

What do you think I should do? Is $660 far too much for the service provided? Should I just stick it out? Maybe go back and delete the resonator?

Any thought would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Bamsv2

I haven't seen the exhaust for a 2014 Aurion, i recently got the exhaust done on my 2007 Atx got a resonator delete and muffler delete with hotdogs and new tips.

cost me $480 for the lot, sounds great is quite loud and does drone up hills. Might be worth taking there offer and getting the resonator taken out but might drone, guessing they

charged that since they most likely hadn't done one before.