My first car; a 2005 Corolla Sportivo!

hid retrofit generally not legal because of issues such as you mentioned and not self levelling. Most get away if the colour and brightness is not too dazzling but some are concerned with insurance cover or having to get a rwc  

anyhow

Hid though is old tech stuff. LED is an easier and reliable technology you should consider mod with. Led goes on straight away too and lasts long

Yeah i'll see what i do, i doubt i'll lowbeam the HIDs, probably foglight i'd say.

So the mechanic at the dealership determined that the third gear synchro is wearing and needs to be replaced, hopefully it'll be done sometimes next week under warranty. It's a shame but im so so excited to start shifting smoother!

Hey guys I need some advice, this Friday the car is being dropped at the dealership to have the synchro replaced ect. If it comes to be that the bearings can be replaced, should I bother? I have no idea how much that would cost so if anyone has any idea on the price range then please tell me. If it's less than 300$ and it'll help the shifting I wouldn't be too fussed, it's just anymore then that is a bit pricey atm considering student and all that. 

4 hours ago, Chain said:

I have no idea how much that would cost so if anyone has any idea on the price range then please tell me. If it's less than 300$ and it'll help the shifting I wouldn't be too fussed, it's just anymore then that is a bit pricey atm considering student and all that. 

Not sure if you are referring to the synchro/bearings parts cost only or for the whole job. For the whole job, gearbox out, transmission teardown, gear set teardown, you will be into the thousands easily.

I doubt you will even get the synchros and bearings for that price.

5 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

I doubt you will even get the synchros and bearings for that price.

Synchros are being done under warranty, all of the gearbox labour is aswell. I only need to pay for the parts (the bearings) if they are needed. So just wondering if it's worth it.

Toyota were charging around $100 per bearing for the differential, input shaft and output shaft(6 total) and around $50 per bearing for each floating gear(5 total) when I was looking.

I ended up buying from Amayama, far cheaper.

13 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

I ended up buying from Amayama, far cheaper.

Honestly just going to talk to them because i'm realizing that it's unacceptable they're charging me anything fullstop, the car is still under warranty and to be fair i shouldn't have to pay for anything mechanical wise. 

Huge updates coming soon for the stivo, have an Injen 2082p Intake coming, new LED foglights, new 6000k lowbeams, wingtips for the spoiler, hopefully making a splitter with my mate and the RED led mod for my console. 
So excited :))

On 18 May 2016 at 2:44 PM, Chain said:

From bob jane? I have no idea what tyre to look for though.

Bob Jane yes. But if you don't like BJ search for any other continental dealers and they should also be having th promotion on

Yeah Bob Jane is fine, I get staff discount at the Kmart tyres though but I will definitely shop around:)

The car's been dropped off for the week, in the meantime I'll be waiting for all of my mods to arrive 😍

Makes me a little bit sad to see how slow this forum is now a days, wish there were multiple builds going on at once but i understand the car is pretty old now. Still, heres a teaser of whats to come next week! 
Celica GTS Engine Cover, 3m of Gloss Black vinyl Wrap, Wingtips, 6000k white low-beam globes, 6000k LED fog-light Globes, LED license plate globes, Red globe covers for interior console, new passenger side fog light and my 2082p Injen Intake!

Car is being picked up early next week with replaced synchro and bearings, very very excited to get all of this done.

Edited by Chain

3 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It was booming 5 or so years ago.

I know, i've read heaps of the old threads for ideas of what i can do to mine. Shame hey :(

3 hours ago, KAA said:

A load of fun time ahead mate..

Enjoy it and keep us updated

I know mate i'm super excited, basically feels like an overhaul hahaha
I will man :)

I agree it's sad but people move on and normally change cars. Hope you keep up the sporty spirit and look forward to seeing your progress and how you take it 

Thanks dude, yeah really enjoying modding and driving it.

The car's still not at home, hopefully i get to pick it up tommorow as i've had this camry loan car in the garage and it's just not the same :(

The car is home and oh my god it is amazing,the shifting feels like a new car and the clutch has been adjusted and I can't express enough how fantastic it is compared to before. Haven't engaged lift yet, but will do that in the week sometime no doubt. Anyway, on to my first , and most exciting mod;

My intake!:) Me and my mate have been trying to install it for the past two hours, using the manual and such. We've got a bit lost as we're looking for a PWM vaccume switching valve, but I can't seem to find it? Does the stivo have such a thing or is it only applying to he XRS in America?:) hopefully will have it done by Tommorow afternoon!

EDIT: Actually after the upper resonator box or something? Can anyone guide me as to what I'm looking for please?

Also the clips on the front body kit are frustrating as hell to take off, might just take off my wheel and go under neath into the compartment that way for the filter .

image.jpeg

Edited by Chain

My Modlist i completed today went like this;

Front Lip Off with my intake almost installed

13383439_1219947698024888_779564467_o.jpg|

Attaching the second half of the piping and tubing
13383841_1219947684691556_2000842078_o.jpg

Intake completely installed successfully :)

13410832_1219947514691573_1061732433_o.jpg

Will continue in further posts

New license plate LED lights and an Injen Sticker too, looks pretty good and won't be putting anymore stickers on i'd say.13396838_1219947434691581_444424122_o.jpg

Red Console mod done, looks really great. Need to cover the clock's green globe though ,just have to find it :') Photo's dont do it justice by the way, didn't realise they were of such average quality.
13410787_1219947388024919_473983779_o.jpg

Painted my wingtips today, will need to install them tommorow so will update with that! Also will be fixing my eyelid aswell as the paint mark on there really bugs me. 13410346_1219947471358244_108655925_o.jpg

Cheers guys, until tommorow night enjoy! :))

I wanted to post a photo of my engine bay all cleaned up but i'm going to wait for my Celica engine cover to show up, hopefully it's tommorow as it's apparently been in Perth the past two days? Hopefully nothings happened to it as the courier service it's being transported by is pretty sketchy.

Will update soon enough :)

3 hours ago, fupo1 said:

Great work. By the way how did you paint them?

Simple rattlecan mate, hung them from my garage as you can see and used these.

4 coats of primer (one can for me), as many coats as i could with the colour matched clearcoat and then to finish it off i'm going to do a few coats of the clearcoat finish. Costs like 50$ total man 

13441667_1221358624550462_1898217556_o.jpg

• Like 2