Replacement Radio

knightal

Hi

I'm new to forum and Toyota ownership.

I have a 2007 Aurion Sportivo SX6 and the original radio/CD player is very basic in that there is no option to connect any external devices at all.

I have looked at replacement head units specifically for the Aurion on eBay but they are all no name Chinese brands, which from past experience are not quite Aussie compatible when it comes to GPS etc.

Brands such as Sony, Pioneer and Kenwood are what I would prefer.

So my question is what have others used to replace the original head units in their cars, especially wanting to know how well they fit in the dash.

Thanks

Allan

Edited by knightal
spelling

Hi Allan, We replaced the standard unit with a Clarion VX-580 unit, we went through Monster audio so got a perfect fit and finish..our unit is Sat Nav ready as right now we dont require the navigation side of it, but plug in the micro card and off you go..there are a few threads on here already where members did a bulk purchase of head units so a search on here will show some ideas of what others have used.

Good Hunting Mate

KAA

Edited by KAA
  • Like 1

I've got the Eonon GA5146F in mine and love it. Previously had the Erisin ES7668AU but it was way too buggy and annoying. Had no issues with the Eonon however. I did a bit of a review in my build thread:

On 18/3/2016 at 7:48 PM, KAA said:

Hi Allan, We replaced the standard unit with a Clarion VX-580 unit, we went through Monster audio so got a perfect fit and finish..our unit is Sat Nav ready as right now we dont require the navigation side of it, but plug in the micro card and off you go..there are a few threads on here already where members did a bulk purchase of head units so a search on here will show some ideas of what others have used.

Good Hunting Mate

KAA

Hi thanks for the info.

Any-time Allan..I guess it all comes down to dollars and wants..we found so many great head units available..so find a good installer who will take as much care as you would yourself installing the unit..I can not praise the guys at Monster here on the Central Coast enough..1 ST class service and install..so hope it all goes easy for you..as a Class motor deserves a Class beat to it

KAA