Excessive exhaust smoke

knightal

Hi

Just to clarify the Toyota Dealer doing the work is not associated in any way with where the car was purchased from.

Well the Toyota workshop did a compression test and found all to be OK.

They also said that the oil is clear and free from any sludge. The vehicle is not blowing any smoke at all now.

I also did what CHA54 suggested : "If you want to re-create the smoke on the road, flick it into manual shift mode so it will hold the gear you're in, find a long downhill section and engine brake all the way down the hill.  At the bottom of the hill accelerate away and you will see a large plume of smoke out the rear". Again no smoke at all.

I have been on a few long drives to recreate the situation and on all occasions no smoke was observed.

To recap the Toyota workshop replaced the PVC valve, did an engine flush replacing all the oil and filter and did a compression check. They also stripped down the engine to visually check inside and the report was that all looked good.

The service manager also borrowed the car overnight (with permission) took it for a drive and also to check it out at first start up in the morning and he said that it was all good and was happy with how the car drives.

They want me to do a few trips just to be sure over the next few weeks but say that they are confident all is now how it should be.

Again thanks to everyone on the forum for your support and suggestions it has been very much appreciated.

Regards
Allan