Where Are The Fortuners??

Ninjaa

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lookin at the Fortuner. Some reviews online are saying that its good off road but not so much on the bitumen.

How are you finding it? And how does it compare to the Tarago?

• 3 weeks later...

Just traded my Kluger Grande 2009 on a Fortuner. Very quiet on the road, handles uneven surfaces very well, and the 2.8 pulls like a train. So far 1300 kms of city and highway running and averaging 8.6 litres / 100 kms where the Kluger would be around 12. No off-road or towing yet, but will soon leave for outback Qld with a 1.5 tonne camper on the back. Watch this space for updates.

Cheers, Pint.

The car drives completely different to the Tarago (more like a truck where the Tarago was quite smooth.)

In saying that the Fortuner obviously feels very solid and seems to handle well on the road without being too noisy.

I just got back from Melbourne where I got just under 8.5 liters per 100 kays which will only get better as I get more KM into her. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update on towing with the Fortuner. We have now towed the camper (1.5 tonne tare, 1.7 tonne loaded) approximately 1000 kms including climbing east to west over the Great Divide and The Warrumbungles, with fuel consumption calculated at 10.2 litres / 100 kms. This was calculated on actual fuel fill rather than relying on the car's computer display. Very happy so far. The car tows very well and will sit happily on 100 kph all day. We also drove about 90 kms through the Pilliga State Forest ( without camper attached) over some pretty rough roads including dry creek beds, jump-ups and some rock steps. No problems at all. Great machine.

Regards, Pint.

• 2 months later...

I am hoping to pick up my Crusade later this week.  It will be a bit different from the Corolla but I have had 4WDS before.  It took me a while to come to terms with the design especially the raised back wheel arch, I still don't really like this but compromises have to be made. I did consider a Pajero Sport until I was advised the GPS only works when connected to a smartphone, fat lot of good that would be when there is no phone signal. Also I looked at a Santa Fe Highlander as promoted by John Cadogan (Auto Expert) until I saw a You Tube clip, the damned thing just couldn't make it up a wet grassy track, a bit weak for a SUV. However,  I will really miss not having a sun roof and my only option would have been to go with a Kakadu but besides the price I think the Prado really needs a major update.  I am hoping more people see the benefits of the Fortuner as I have seen very few on the road. 

15 hours ago, Larrco said:

I am hoping to pick up my Crusade later this week.  It will be a bit different from the Corolla but I have had 4WDS before.  It took me a while to come to terms with the design especially the raised back wheel arch, I still don't really like this but compromises have to be made. I did consider a Pajero Sport until I was advised the GPS only works when connected to a smartphone, fat lot of good that would be when there is no phone signal. Also I looked at a Santa Fe Highlander as promoted by John Cadogan (Auto Expert) until I saw a You Tube clip, the damned thing just couldn't make it up a wet grassy track, a bit weak for a SUV. However,  I will really miss not having a sun roof and my only option would have been to go with a Kakadu but besides the price I think the Prado really needs a major update.  I am hoping more people see the benefits of the Fortuner as I have seen very few on the road. 

Yah I've been surprised that you don't see many on the road considering they've been out for just under a year.

There are a few up my way in the Adelaide Hills but what usually happens is that people see new models getting around and then become interested (advertising doesn't hit everyone.)

Let me know how it goes. 

2 hours ago, Ninjaa said:

Yah I've been surprised that you don't see many on the road considering they've been out for just under a year.

The styling is probably the issue. Most people I have spoken to about it aren't big fans.

Hi

I got my Fortuner Crusade model last week end, it is awesome on road. I owned previously Kluger, i was looking to get 4x4 and diesel option. After few weeks research, i felt

Fortuner is a right one. I ll give more updates soon.

_DSC0009.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/27/2016 at 5:01 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

The styling is probably the issue. Most people I have spoken to about it aren't big fans.

Hmm...It seems to be selling nicely in other countries (South Africa, Thailand, India, Indonesia) so maybe we have no idea what we're talking about?

17 hours ago, Thiru Veera said:

Hi

I got my Fortuner Crusade model last week end, it is awesome on road. I owned previously Kluger, i was looking to get 4x4 and diesel option. After few weeks research, i felt

Fortuner is a right one. I ll give more updates soon.

_DSC0009.jpg

Looks nice mate (is that black?)

2 minutes ago, Ninjaa said:

Hmm...It seems to be selling nicely in other countries (South Africa, Thailand, India, Indonesia) so maybe we have no idea what we're talking about?

Different matkets react differently to different vehicle designs, the Rukus is a good example of this. They are far more popular in the USA badged as a Scion xB.

• 3 weeks later...

And I have my Fortuner as well, just done over 1,000 kms and so far quite happy.  It's a bit noisy on start up considering it's kept in a garage where it should be warmer and the brakes appear to grab until everything gets warmed up.  The only thing that niggles me is that I have no control over the lights. I have no problem with the daytime LED's it is just that the lights turn on automatically when it's still daylight at 4.30 p.m. in the afternoon or when I drive in shaded areas during the day, I imagine other drivers wonder what the heck is going on when all of a sudden the car behind them suddenly turns on the lights, in some instances I worry this may cause me road rage if that person in front thinks I am flashing them for some reason.  The car goes for it's complimentary service next weekend, I'll enquire if the sensors can be adjusted.  

I would think it is a switch that is active rather than a senor issue..the auto lights on my Presara are on the light /turn signal stalk..wouldn't be that you have this in ON position?..a thought..I have them some days

KAA

Thanks 00DZNR I'll have a look.  Also for reference the Fortuner I have is a Crusade in pearl white, probably a typo on my behalf. 

• 2 weeks later...