Random heat blow from ac vents

Aurionsx6

Hi guys

im new here

just bought a second hand 07 aurion sx6 147k on clock and worried about a few things

1. Slight Heat blows from vents when quick acceleration even though fan is switched off, once it fogged my windscreen slightly 

2. Can hear and feel a clunk in steering wheel

3. Vvti oil line looks like slight leak but toyota said nothing wrong and wont replace until actually burst

does anyone have any advise or similar situation and can help and are there any other problems to look for before my warranty runs out

If I had my time again I would have sold our Aurion before the warranty ran out.

These cars are plagued with various issues. VVT-i rattle, melting dashes, problematic oil hoses.

In regards to your questions.

1. Have you turned the vents to recirculate or are they open air?

2. It is likely the intermediate steering shaft knock. Google it, there are heaps of posts and a few fixes on Youtube.

3. Keep on them about it. I am pretty sure(but not certain) that there was a recall on these. Ours was done without prompting our dealer.

Thanks for the reply.

i guess I should've done my research before buying. i thought Toyota was known for it's reliability

as for the dashboard issue they have ordered a new one for me for free.

1. It's open air I think 

2. Toyota said a few things, drive shaft, ball joints and whole suspension (I think they blowing outtheir *****) Also going to get pedders opinion 

3. I thought so as well but the guy kept saying it's not a recall but we fix for free if it fails

Sadly the days of Toyota being reliable are slowly disappearing. 

As I said I am not certain about the hose being a recall; however, we had this pipe installed whilst it was still under Toyota extended warranty, with no prompting and it was not leaking at the time.

It doesn't take long to have a quick look at the intermediate shaft slip joint under the dash.

In regards to the vents, turn them to recirculate and see if it still does it. The intake vents are right behind the bonnet in the windscreen cowling, so it is probably forcing in engine heat as you accelerate.

the recirculate mode worked! but is it normal for heat to come from the engine?

Do you experience the same.

just worried nothing is overheating or leaking. Temp gauge is on normal though and no warning lights.

Engines run at around 90°C, so it is inevitable that you will have heat soaking from it. I would say most cars on the market are designed with the blower motor intakes behind the engine.

And yes, our 3 current Toyotas, my 2 previous Toyotas and my previous Ford have all presented this phenomenon with the vents on open air.

Thanks, feel better now knowing its normal.

about the clunk getting pedders to check it out then try fix under warranty 

as for vvti line trying to find a way to convince Toyota to replace it...