Charge n Maintain

Have owned the car for 13 years.

TRD supercharged, a small blower but gives the poke it needs. Have not had any issues but as I seldom drive the battery goes flat.

I was using a 3 stage 2500mA smart charger but it only had alligator clips, this was troublesome having to reach into the engine added that I run a carbon bonnet. So I looked for a solution and today I hardwired a low current battery charger. I prefer the slower charge than to charge the battery too quickly.

I used 3M tape and found a convenient but also hidden space on the ECU. Though the Projecta is a 2 stage charger, it is designed for a permanent installation. I thought about wall mounting the charger but decided having it inside the cabin would be a clean install.

Anyone else here need to use a battery charger regularly?

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I found a vendor with a quality aluminium radiator for the both 1zz 2zz. Will install this next with Samco silicone hoses top and bottom radiator. Too bad the shroud for the fan will cover up some of the alum sexiness 

image.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the tune so far and plan for dyno tune when a few more mods completed on the engine. 

I have the alum radiator and greddy radiator breather and a 3 inch intake to install.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have experience the cheaper alternatives for brake rotors found on ebag? I have only used RDA before but looking for something generic lower cost in view of keeping the car low n maintained 

• 7 months later...

14 years can you believe it? Maybe the next time I post it will be 15 years.

I removed the blower to get service and have not installed it back on. I was thinking of selling it if someone was interested.

After watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIyG67pq_xA 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Annual update 2018.

Fire extinguisher fitted using the existing slots in the frame. It does not get any easier than this no drilling required and can be removed  in seconds without leaving any marks.

IMG_2128.JPG.371b57c63b09625cf3298dffaf68d8a9.JPGIMG_2130.JPG.e29eb251363a4296bbab97264236f1af.JPG

To compliment the charging solution, I am going to install a battery monitor to take the guess work out of knowing whether the car needs to be plugged in or not and to avoid leaving it on float longer than necessary. Also as the charger is hidden underneath the glove compartment, to read the indicator lights you need to stick your head into the foot well. A much easier thing and more detailed will be digital monitor and it supports a dual battery setup too.

VFVV0352.JPG3685.JPG.895aa05f93a6798c0c3a90eeccf39ad8.JPG4576.JPG.d9e4c8920f78f7a85f8195ca03be35f9.JPG

Edited by kcorro

• 2 months later...

the one thing I like most is the alarm when the volts drop low. Accidentally leaving the lights on can trigger it in seconds.

8648D34C-725B-4FA2-97B5-10970AC231CF.jpeg