AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kcorro

Charge n Maintain

Have owned the car for 13 years.

TRD supercharged, a small blower but gives the poke it needs. Have not had any issues but as I seldom drive the battery goes flat.

I was using a 3 stage 2500mA smart charger but it only had alligator clips, this was troublesome having to reach into the engine added that I run a carbon bonnet. So I looked for a solution and today I hardwired a low current battery charger. I prefer the slower charge than to charge the battery too quickly.

I used 3M tape and found a convenient but also hidden space on the ECU. Though the Projecta is a 2 stage charger, it is designed for a permanent installation. I thought about wall mounting the charger but decided having it inside the cabin would be a clean install.

Anyone else here need to use a battery charger regularly?

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

2 photos did not upload with the post.

tape.jpg

clips.jpg

Finally I found a vendor with a quality aluminium radiator for the both 1zz 2zz. Will install this next with Samco silicone hoses top and bottom radiator. Too bad the shroud for the fan will cover up some of the alum sexiness 

image.jpg

I did the tune so far and plan for dyno tune when a few more mods completed on the engine. 

I have the alum radiator and greddy radiator breather and a 3 inch intake to install.

Anyone have experience the cheaper alternatives for brake rotors found on ebag? I have only used RDA before but looking for something generic lower cost in view of keeping the car low n maintained 

14 years can you believe it? Maybe the next time I post it will be 15 years.

I removed the blower to get service and have not installed it back on. I was thinking of selling it if someone was interested.

After watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIyG67pq_xA 

Might be putting the supercharge for sale. Any EOI please dm me.