Rear bumper profiles - "old" versus "new" ZRE182

Hi,

Does anyone know if the profile of the top horizontal lip of the rear bumper is the same on both the 2013 - 2014 hatch as it is on the current facelifted one? From what I can see in photos, they are the same (although obviously the bottom part of the bumper and tail lights have been restyled).

Reason I ask is that Toyota Australia have an official OEM stainless steel bumper protector that fits on the top part of the bumper lip. This is miles better than the basic plastic protective 3M film they offered as the only option for the pre-facelift model.

Toyota only offer it for the 2015 onwards model but so far as I can see it ought to fit all of them perfectly.

Anyone know if this part will fit the pre-facelift model?

Thanks

Edited by Rattle Rattleson

Is there a toyota dealer you can drive to? Head over and do a test fit from the carpark with the item. Noted this would only suitable they have the item in stock and not ordering it from elsewhere. 

Sometimes things look the same but unless you real try you cannot be sure. There was the other posts here someone ordered badges but it doesn't for exactly 

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone wondering about this, no, unfortunately the upper bumper lips are different. The new model lip is deeper than the pre-facelift model. I saw a 2015 Corolla in the carpark today and checked mine side by side. Lucky I did! If you look at photos the upper lip seems identical but it is only when you see them side by side you can see that the new model has the deeper lip (probably the reason the new model is slightly longer too). So we have no OEM option for the 2013 - 2014 models (apart from protective tape only), though I have seen some non-OEM aluminium solutions for the 2013 - 2014 sedans on eBay.