2000 Hilux dash lights

brickpaver

The instrument lights, particularly the odometer and distance counter light in my 2000 Hilux are getting very hard to read at night.  Does anyone know how accessible the globes are to get at so as I can replace them or,.........how difficult would it be to exchange the whole instrument panel to a instrument panel out of a 2003 model Hilux, which is a 100% better and clearer layout than the 2000 model.

It does also have a tacho in the 2003 which of course the 2000 model does not have. Would this present an issue or would the tacho be able to be 'hooked up' as well in the 2000.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey champ, I got a 2001 model little tray back work mate and mine too was bloody hard to read, what I did was pull the instrument cluster out, removed the fascia and cleaned it all up with a micro fibre cloth, then armour all it, made it better, all the globes are easy to remove from the rear, you might have a couple of blown ones, as for the tacho feed, sorry mate cant help you there, might be a case of plug and play,

cheers Conrod

• 1 year later...
On 09/07/2016 at 6:30 PM, CONROD said:

Hey champ, I got a 2001 model little tray back work mate and mine too was bloody hard to read, what I did was pull the instrument cluster out, removed the fascia and cleaned it all up with a micro fibre cloth, then armour all it, made it better, all the globes are easy to remove from the rear, you might have a couple of blown ones, as for the tacho feed, sorry mate cant help you there, might be a case of plug and play,

cheers Conrod

Thanks mate. I have since sold my 2000 Hilux and now have a 2011 Hilux SR Dual cab with the 4.0L V6 in it. Much nicer vehicle to drive, with only 80K on the clock, compared to the 2000 single cab that had 260,000 up on it.  In hindsight though I think that maybe I should have shelled out the extra money and gone for the SR5 instead. .....Maybe later down the track for that one.

Cheers,..Lance.