Vibration in Brake Pedal

Miss-Nat

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a new 2016 Prado Kakadu and just have a few questions which I'm hoping someone can answer.

Does anyone have a vibration in the brake pedal when you brake? Its intermittent and only lasts a second or two, not the entire time of braking. Its not a "deep" vibration like when discs need machining, but more like a buzzing vibration.  It can happen when the car is in park and you press the brake, slowing down or stopping. I went to my local dealer today and was told that it is supposedly some sort of brake pump working and making that vibration (sorry, can't be more specific than that because that's all I was told). 

I was reassured that this vibration is completely normal and every Prado has it. Funnily enough, the 3 Prados I test drove before buying mine, didn't have any sort of vibration in the brake pedal. 

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Nat

• 2 months later...

Hi Nat,

Same, with a 2016 GXL Prado. I've had this in a previous 2009 Pajero also. It's normal, and you get used to it. I've forgotten the reason behind it (Mitsu explained it) but it relates to the electronics adjusting early on with the ABS/ EBD and so on. It either goes away soon, or you end up not noticing it (my previous certainly went away).

• 2 years later...

hi my 2009 has a brake problem  when braking even at a 10 k speed on wet and dirt my front ones lockup and skid and pedal shudders like driving over corougated iron and the back dont seem to react at all ...no skidding  and will occasionaly  do it if i have my c/van on  can anyone give me any idea as to what causes this