2016 Camry RZ: any software update or hidden options?

jerrymouse1986

Hi guys, I just bought my first new car. I chose Camry for sure.

Now, I search online for some adjustments which my camry doesn't have but Rav4 does!

1: 3-blinks turning signal. Well, I guess it should not be a secret setting but I can't make it! previous gen Rav4 has already. why new camry missed this easy but convenient function?!

2: The performance of this 2.5L engine is .....sucks, worse than I expect, even worse than my '99 Audi A3 1.8T. according to the capacity and similar torque with my two car (A3 is 17 years old car), camry should not deliver the power like that! I feel the gearbox doesn't engage firm enough to deliver the power to wheels, but only put the rev up and loud. Casual start up makes the engine above 2k5 rpm to move and speed up (gently). -_-! Any way to improve it? ECU reflash?

3: Do you guys feel the volumn difference with the speed level adjustment? I feel nothing on different speed.

I too want my Atara Sl to do the one touch / 3 blinks for lane changing. The owners manual says it is a dealer operation. So for my first service I will get my Toyota dealer to activate this function. There are several other functions that can be activated only by the Toyota dealer. My 2015 SL has around 10,000kms up and performs perfectly as does my 2014 SL. Perhaps as you say yours is brand new the engine is still running in and needs a few more kms to improve the performance. Regardless modifying anything at this stage on the vehicle may void your warranty.  If  your issues concern you, I suggest to go straight back to your dealer for advice. 

Edited by TIDYWAZZA

19 hours ago, jerrymouse1986 said:

3: Do you guys feel the volumn difference with the speed level adjustment? I feel nothing on different speed.

Do you have a sound menu option that says ASL?

On 8/28/2016 at 7:52 AM, TIDYWAZZA said:

I too want my Atara Sl to do the one touch / 3 blinks for lane changing. The owners manual says it is a dealer operation. So for my first service I will get my Toyota dealer to activate this function. There are several other functions that can be activated only by the Toyota dealer. My 2015 SL has around 10,000kms up and performs perfectly as does my 2014 SL. Perhaps as you say yours is brand new the engine is still running in and needs a few more kms to improve the performance. Regardless modifying anything at this stage on the vehicle may void your warranty.  If  your issues concern you, I suggest to go straight back to your dealer for advice. 

I asked my salesman about these hidden functions. He replied he can do it for me at the first time service at dealer shop. I searched online for all hidden functions but hardly get anything. Please summarise if possible.

The functions I am looking for:

3-blink turning signal

Remote key one-push all windows up/down

emergent brake with hazard lights on

digital speedometer

multi-language support

seat belt warning chime disable

day running light alway on/off/auto

I turned off ECO function and feel much more like what a 2.5L engine does. And fuel consumption doesn't seen any significant difference.

Anything you can do or have done is listed in your owners handbook section Vehicle Specifications, sub heading Customisation. But don't be disappointed to find all your needs are not possible.