My 2015Tarago GLX 4 Cyl loses revs

Eliseadh

My new Tarago (2015) model often loses revs when turning corners and, having taken my foot off the accelerator, when I have turned the corner and depress the accelerator nothing happens. Unfortunately it is a random problem which makes it difficult to detect when I take it in for a service. Apart from this I just love my Tarago, but will be considering replacement if it continues into the future.

Thankyou Trent for responding to my question. Getting a video of the problem might be difficult, however will try. It is like the transmission goes into neutral and I have the take my foot off the accelerator then depress it again. Sometimes it happens quite often, other times seldom, but it is very upsetting and concerns me that there is a problem with either the transmission and/or fuel supply.

The dealer should be able to run a diagnostic check on both the engine and the transmission to identify the cause.

I have had a similar experience coasting into corners and trying to accelerate but encounter a delay before responding. Solved months later when I properly checked and adjusted the automatic transmission fluid level. I have read a post in another forum about incorrect fluid levels from the factory so it cannot be totally discounted. Alternatively, there are sensors on the transmission which monitor line pressure and this can impact upon timing of gear changes. 

• 5 weeks later...

Had my car checked and they ran all the diagnostics necessary. The fluid in the transmission was ok. News from Toyota is that the new transmissions can hesitate sometimes while learning your driving style. All of the results of the diagnostics are being sent to Toyota for review. Can't complain about the service and hope things resolve ok.