Hilux alt light not working @1999 RZN169 2.7

Bradstocker

G'day guys, after a recent bush treck on my way home noticed the alt light & brake light on the dash, immediately assumed I'd thrown a belt,, though once home found it was the alternator failed..

i purchased new replacement though while removing the plug (3 prong) I destroyed the plug and was left with 3 wires (white) (red with light blue stripe & yellow with black stripe.. I grabbed a new plug from ash downs and wired it up.. Following the manual wiring diagram (which ain't the best) it's generic ... Well it covers all of the engine types so the diagram has a 4 wire diagram .. I put the three wires in the positions that corresponded, now it's charging but the alt light on dash doesn't come on @ I notion power up.. I tried power directly to wire and all other lights come on but not that one.. I removed dash as I suspected globe failed though found all good ( replaced anyway) .. Is there anything I am missing??

Edited by Bradstocker

5 alternator connections--Earth (via mount bolt.)  2 wires for brushes, 1 wire for alt light,    Major +ve charge wire under nut with ring terminal. 

Charge light wire is direct,  if no opperation test for break or bad earth, damaged instrument cluster cct board?