New Celica RA65 Member

Hello Everyone, I have a White -1984 - RA65 - Celica - 5 speed - Manual that I bought 22 years ago from a Lady that bought it from her Mother and she bought it brand new off the showroom floor. So it's right to say it's a 'Ladies Car' although some younger guys would not agree! I come from a drag racing background but have treated 'Her' with love and respect and have enjoyed cruising around in her for many years, unlike how I used to drive my LJ Torana!! I have joined the group to find out about her history, I was once told she was one of 100 that came into the country, does anyone know if this is true? Any information would be appreciated. Cheers

20 minutes ago, Ozzie Chickadee said:

Hello Everyone, I have a White -1984 - RA65 - Celica - 5 speed - Manual that I bought 22 years ago from a Lady that bought it from her Mother and she bought it brand new off the showroom floor. So it's right to say it's a 'Ladies Car' although some younger guys would not agree! I come from a drag racing background but have treated 'Her' with love and respect and have enjoyed cruising around in her for many years, unlike how I used to drive my LJ Torana!! I have joined the group to find out about her history, I was once told she was one of 100 that came into the country, does anyone know if this is true? Any information would be appreciated. Cheers

No offence but RA65s aren't particularly rare and I can almost 100% guarantee that way more than 100 were sold here, even in 1984 (they only went on sale in October).  Sounds like a nice car though, post up some photos so we can see what you've got.

No offense taken, I can honestly say I know more about old Holden's than I have ever known about my Celica. The first time I looked under the bonnet I was horrified, there was so much there! That's why I'm here to learn from people like yourself, I don't want to say it's something that it's not. I had a very worked LJ Torana S and people used to tell me to put XU1 stickers on it but I refused because 'it was not'. Are all RA65 2.4? I was told it was rare because of that and the fact it was 5 Speed Manual. Thanks for you help :smile:

On 9/29/2016 at 3:18 PM, Ozzie Chickadee said:

Are all RA65 2.4? I was told it was rare because of that and the fact it was 5 Speed Manual. Thanks for you help :smile:

Yep, all RA65s have the 2.4L 22RE engine, the RA60 and SA63 both had 2.0L.  Manual definitely makes it more desirable but there were still plenty of them sold.