current Suggestions for new Tyres - ACV36 Sportivo

ZZT86

Howdy,

What are peoples suggestions for tyres these days - going on my dads ACV36 Camry Sportivo 5 speed manual ! 205/60/16 - need complete set. Good grip & longevity required.

Have penciled in so far:

Bridgestone Turanza ER300 (current tyre)

Dunlop SP300

Yokohama Cdrive2

Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

perhaps a Michelin ?

Cheers :)

Im running El Cheapo tyres... Hifly HF201. great bang for buck, recommended by a mechanic mate. They seem to have really bad reviews online, but my experience as a fairly heavy footed driver on the camry: they grip well in wet weather and under heavy braking, not great on road noise but acceptable, very cheap, i think i paid $75ea, but saw them online for $66ea. I average 8.5L/100km as per my OBD2

Edited by astol87

The Yokies I've heard from several people are great, wasn't expecting longevity as well from it. Appreciate the Hifly review but I'm a snob when it comes to tyres as safety is dependent on them. The Yokies & Dunlops are my 2 personal favourites & Bridgestone impresses me also.

• 4 weeks later...

I think i'm a bit late to the party but I got my 2012 atara Sx a set of Michelin primacy 3 st. Not the sportiest tyres in the world yes...I dunno if they do pilot sports in camry size. But it's very quiet (relative to the original bridgstone turanza er33)...so quiet that I can hear wind noise on the freeway whereas before I thought the car was silent because all I could hear was the tyre roar that droned out all the other noises. Also, it was very wet one day and usually on very wet days I had to adapt my driving style to super conservative with the bridgstones but I thought i'd test out the Michelins that day (when it was safe) and was very impressed. They're not the cheapest things tho...

The cDrives are no longer available in this size, the ER300 are hard to get atm, the EP100 & Optimo K415 come highly recommended at a rippa price @ Jax so I reckon the EP100 for 2moro. Should be good. Will report back.

Well bugger me . . . BStone 4 for the price of 3 has them with low stock levels all over the joint cos I couldn't get the EP100's either. Ended up getting the Optimo K415 @ a very good price all up & have been assured they're every bit as good as the BStones. First impressions are good, time will tell.

• Like 1

Kumho Ecsta 4X KU22's are a good alternative.

I ran 235/40/18's on coilovers and they were quiet and comfy. Good grip and durable too. Not sure if they are available in your sizes though.