SX6 grinding/rubbing noise

Suss

Only slight issue I have is:

Only think I currently noticed on the way home that I didnt hear or feel during the drive I did was almost a grinding/rubbung noise coming from the rear of the car crusing at 60km/h and then again at 80km/h. Could clearly feel it through the car wasnt there for long both times but seemed odd. 

I know its just had brand new tyres added on the rear since the test drive and was told he had a rear wheel bearing done a few months earlier.

Anyone experienced this that has found a solution? Having trouble finding information online.

A simple test you can do yourself is to place the car in park, but don't apply the footbrake. Jack up the rear of the car, and spin the wheels by hand. This should give you some basic feedback on the state of the brakes/bearings.
A second test is to hold the wheels and see if you can give them a jiggle, first side to side and then up/down. Again, it's not guaranteed, but if you do feel a little bit of play then there's definitely a bearing issue.
Also, did he supply invoices showing the bearing had actually been done, or did he simply tell you?

59 minutes ago, LordBug said:

A simple test you can do yourself is to place the car in park, but don't apply the footbrake. Jack up the rear of the car, and spin the wheels by hand. This should give you some basic feedback on the state of the brakes/bearings.
A second test is to hold the wheels and see if you can give them a jiggle, first side to side and then up/down. Again, it's not guaranteed, but if you do feel a little bit of play then there's definitely a bearing issue.
Also, did he supply invoices showing the bearing had actually been done, or did he simply tell you?

Will definitely give this a go within the next few days, well I had asked for reciepts but he didn't provide any so I am also going to call where it has been serviced to confirm if it has been done. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Could be a wheel bearing seeing you have an older vehicle . 

Could be brake pads or even more simply some road grit had deposited in the friction path of the brake pads and discs.

Check the wheel nuts have been tightened correctly . 

Sometimes the mechanics forget to ensure all wheels have been torqued up.

It wouldn' be tyre related  as you mentioned they are new.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers !