5L-E Vacuum diagram

Hirdy

Hey All i just brought a 2002 hilux with a diesel 3.0L non turbo 5L-E engine i believe, problem is it seems to lack a fair bit of power and have poor brakes, all i can see wrong is the vacuum hoses have been disconnected from the pump on the alternator. Ofcoase the brake vaucuum hose is still connected and there is a small line going from the vacuum pump to 1 of 2 small pipes running along the fron of the engine but from there on there is nothing connected to those pipes or the air cleaner or small solenoid on the fire wall. Can anyone give guidence to where these should go

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

Edited by Hirdy
Adding photos

On the intake side of motor, the Vacuum feed goes to the actuator of the intake butterfly valve, and then to the vacuum solenoid on the firewall.   This closes off the intake when the motor is switched off.   The actuator may be hidden by the intake plastic plumbing?   I presume there is connection for vacuum to the brake booster.   Check that vacuum pump work properly, at least 25-30in of Hg should be available.  Pumps do wear-replace  alternator and starter motor (2.7kW)  complete if not done so by 300,000km.   Ebay often has them.   5l, 5L-e same afaik.

Edited by Manxman

Thanks manxman I downloaded a manual for about $10 and it shows the diagram. only problem is I found my hilux has had the EGR valve assembly removed and I need to register it so just need to find another

Many posts (<=4yrs) ago someone suggested that they were hard to get, and used ones often didn't work.   Ask around and see what can be done if not available.