1987 Toyota crown Royal Saloon G (MS135)

Sportivo_05

Purchased this the other day for $500 obviously it needs some work but it will be a new project for next year :D

Its only done 179,000 k's and has a 3.0L 7mge motor.

The interior is a little rough but im hoping to get it looking like new again. Its got the electric rear reclining seats and a cooler box on the parcel shelf.

The exterior needs abit of works but finding parts is near impossible.

iz5kde.jpg

http://b5nq5s.jpg

Edited by Sportivo_05

I am very much a believer in preventative maintenance. Therefore, I would be keen to do a complete oil change of the engine, transmission and differential. Used oils can become acidic. Engine oil sludge can be an issue for low mileage vehicles. It should be less of an issue in pre 1990's vehicle with fewer vehicle emmission controls but always best to check. Easy way to check is to remove oil filler cap. Not expecting this, but if there appears to be lots of oil sludge, I would then also remove the valve cover/s and the oil pan for a thorough clean and to check that the oil pickup screen.

Personally, I would drop the engine oil and then put in about 5 litres of diesel. Idle the engine for 5-10 minutes. If necessary, repeat before new filter and engine oil. I have been doing this procedure for many years.