Rattle in drivers window

knightal

Hi

I have a 2007 Aurion Sportivo and the drivers window has a rattle/vibration sound which is annoying as it is at about ear level.

If I push the power window down just a little it stops it. This is fine for around town, but not so good on highway due to wind noise.

I'm wondering if the cause could be wear in the door/window rubber, anyone else had this and know of a fix?

Regards

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

These type of things really bug me too.

If you have the time and inclination I'd remove the door card and just have a feel around. Being the drivers side door, the mostly used, there would be a tendency for items to come loose If the window rubbers haven't yet begun deteriorating.

Linkages can become sloppy and other item that are clipped can break away and begin rattling.

It will be a frustrating job, but have a good look and feel and I'm sure you'll work it out.

Let us know how you get on. 

Hi

No Trent the window does not drop at all. I'm thinking it is vibrating against the top part of the door rubber because if I wind it down even just a little it stops.

Maybe the electric winder is not holding it up firmly enough, because if I hold the winder in the up position operating it repeatedly it can sometimes find a happy spot with no vibrating. So maybe there could be something in what Trent is suggesting. No Tony the rubbers haven't yet begun deteriorating.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll post back if I find the answer.

2 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It would only be a case of dropping a couple of millimetres max.

Yes well I think you could have a point. Like I mentioned when I keep pulling on the up switch for the elect window sometimes that will stop it other times it does not, so maybe that is when the window is not quite all the way up.

I notice that the drivers window will often go all the way down and not stop at say 3 - 4 inches down. The passenger side will stop as soon as the switch is released.

Toyota did a recall fix not long after I got the car for the electric windows so I'll ask them about this next service which is about a couple of months away.