2010 Camry Hybrid Low Beam, has anyone upgraded from OEM bulbs?

Pockimon

Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 camry hybrid. I would like to upgrade my low beam lights to LED. I was looking at this item:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/H7-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-Kit-Super-Bright-White-Headlamp-Toyota-Camry-/351632664674?hash=item51def0a862:g:h-sAAOSw44BYHUmh

Has anyone done this before? if so please let me know how it is. Also advice on installation would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

There is a similar thread in the Aurion Forum titled LED Headlights. 

Check with your Transport Dept but I expect you may find that the conversion will be illegal.

A better option may be to upgrade the halogen bulbs. Next option would be a LED light bar.

• 4 weeks later...

LED headlights like the ones posted above are terrible, the output is worse than halogen. Do your headlights have factory projectors? If so, a 35W HID kit with 4500k bulbs will give decent output. If your headlights are just a halogen reflector housing then get some of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Philips-Xtreme-Vision-130-More-Light-H7-Headlight-Globes-Twin-Pack-of-Bulbs-/271866779766?hash=item3f4c85d876:g:tScAAOSwuxFYx8PA

TLDR; stay way from LED

I have noticed when looking at the different halogen bulb specifications, high output bulbs usally have a shorter lifetime compared to extra performance and standard bulbs. Just something to be aware of when selecting/comparing bulbs.

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h7-499

• 5 months later...

I replaced the low beam lights in my hybrid camry about 3 weeks into ownership, currently has LED headlights, tail lights, blinkers, parkers, number plate & interior lights. And added an led light bar above the number plate on the front for when i drive in rural areas