Starlet 1999 3 door hatch Rear Shocks?

dominover

I will be replacing the rear shocks in my Toyota Starlet 1999 model soon (Right rear shock is creaking when I drive over uneven road and sit in the car when stationary, just when I put weight in the car) and am not sure what to get.

I don't know if I can fit only one kind of shock or are there several types for this car?

I will probably carry all my tools in the back which adds to the weight in the back of the car.  I'm currently noticing that the car 

really bounces up and down if I go over large speed humps too quickly.  Maybe something a little firmer would be better but I'm not sure if I even have that option.  

Can anyone advice me on choosing the right REAR SHOCKS for my 1999 Starlet 3 door hatch?

Thanks

The shocks won't make much difference when it comes to the load handling, the springs will more beneficial to upgrade to a heavier duty if there is one available. This paired with a decent quality shock to reduce the bouncing, should be beneficial in your circumstances.

Ok, thanks.. but is there different grades of shocks?  Softer / harder/ etc... or are they supposed to be all the same? 

Also, the hydraulic action in the shocks.. is there differences in how they work and are some better than others.. For example, air shocks, liquid hydraulics.. 

Clearly I know nothing about shocks.

Thanks, but are there different grades of shocks?   You have stated that there is  'Standard' shocks.  What would be considered non standard?

For example.  I'm guessing there may be a grade of some kind.  Like, 'Soft', 'Medium or Standard', 'Hard' ?

It's a toyota Starlet so if I could minimize roll in the body on corners should I get a harder shock if they are available?

You have read too far into my response. Standard is the hydraulic shock. The only other real option is hard to make legal and costly being airbags.

Shocks are not going to minimise roll. Swaybars and springs will.