"Ducktail" / rear lip spoiler for XV50 Aurion?

Forumuser

G'day all,

Any idea if it's possible to get an aftermarket rear lip spoiler for the later XV50 model Aurion? Something like the stock Sportivo (pic from Wikipedia): 2015_Toyota_Aurion_(GSV50R)_Sportivo_sed

I'm guessing Toyota won't sell me one since I'm only driving an AT-X model? So far I've only found one place that sells something similar for the 2012+ models and frankly it's crap, it has a gap for the Toyota emblem but sits half over the Aurion and the AT-X logos which looks ridiculous.

Suggest doing a search on eBay and also confirm with the eBay seller whether the body kit part advertised for a Camry will also fit the Aurion.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/579-Rear-Lip-Spoiler-For-Toyota-Camry-2012-2014-/161500780992?hash=item259a3259c0:g:exwAAOSwg3FUd-2U

Update, spoke to Toyota, they said they can sell me a stock spoiler like the one in the photo above for $280-ish (not painted, they reckon it'll cost $350+ to get it painted ... ?), but it's "incompatible" with my car and will need to be taken to a panel beater to install (if it will fit at all).

I drive a late 2013 XV50 Aurion, has there been a chassis refresh since the XV50? Why would the spoiler be incompatible with my car? I don't like the sound of "panel beating", wtf is the deal there?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2016 at 11:54 PM, Forumuser said:

Update, spoke to Toyota, they said they can sell me a stock spoiler like the one in the photo above for $280-ish (not painted, they reckon it'll cost $350+ to get it painted ... ?), but it's "incompatible" with my car and will need to be taken to a panel beater to install (if it will fit at all).

I drive a late 2013 XV50 Aurion, has there been a chassis refresh since the XV50? Why would the spoiler be incompatible with my car? I don't like the sound of "panel beating", wtf is the deal there?

Hey mate.

I think you got bad advice from someone there at Toyota . 

I can't see a compatibility issue if he is selling you the same spoiler that's in the picture . 

The sheet metal on your 2013 is the same as a 2016 so it should be a direct fit. 

I suspect what he may been trying to say is that you will receive a stock spoiler that is not painted and as such will require a panel shop to colour match and install. That's what he was alluding to as being "Incompatible "

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I suspect what he may been trying to say is that you will receive a stock spoiler that is not painted and as such will require a panel shop to colour match and install. That's what he was alluding to as being "Incompatible "

I'd also assume this, along with "your car doesn't have the correct holes for the spoiler, therefore it doesn't fit" and requires holes etc drilled from a template (which often comes with aftermarket or dealer-fitted options)