AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hi Krigeroz.

Here is the information directly from owners handbook. Page 330

Have Uploaded a replacement file no thanks to photobucket...

20161220_161313_1.jpg

20170923_055904.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy

Get the "pink" SLL coolant from Toyota directly. It's around $30 for a 5 litre 50/50 premix. I wouldn't trust outsider brands for coolant. Keep it original as the factory intended.

The premix is convenient for those who don't want to mix the concentrate with De mineralised water. 

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I wouldn't trust outsider brands for coolant. Keep it original as the factory intended.

Nulon and Penrite red/pink coolants are perfectly safe to use in replacement of LLC and SLLC.

7 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hi Krigeroz.

Here is the information directly from owners handbook. Page 330

20161220_161313_1.jpg

Thank you so much for that :)  I should know better my car's manual :)

Edited by krigeroz

3 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Nulon and Penrite red/pink coolants are perfectly safe to use in replacement of LLC and SLLC.

Yeah that's what I've thought, at the moment I got red Nulon pre-mix long life coolant 5 liters, just was not sure about the exact amount. 

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/by-specs/coolant?specs=85

I think it is the best coolant you can get from the shop.

Edited by krigeroz

25 minutes ago, krigeroz said:

Yeah that's what I've thought, at the moment I got red Nulon pre-mix long life coolant 5 liters, just was not sure about the exact amount. 

Do not use the Nulon Red (LLC) in place of pink SLLC. You will need to use Penrite if you do not use Toyota genuine.

13 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Do not use the Nulon Red (LLC) in place of pink SLLC. You will need to use Penrite if you do not use Toyota genuine.

Ok, interesting, I though Nulon Is better option.  Good that I did not buy two.

But I think both meet Toyota Long Life TSK2601G requirements 

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=6&id_subcateg=67&id_products=754

Edited by krigeroz

4 minutes ago, krigeroz said:

Ok, interesting, I though Nulon Is better option.  Good that I did not buy two.

With that being said, Penrite have now replaced their pink coolants with the red 8 year products. Nulon have also extended their red range to 8 years, so it should be fine as well now.

This change must have occurred in the last few months.

35 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

With that being said, Penrite have now replaced their pink coolants with the red 8 year products. Nulon have also extended their red range to 8 years, so it should be fine as well now.

This change must have occurred in the last few months.

Because, both look very similar with the same specs, I may think that they make them at the same factory somewhere in Australia. 

I think the reason I picked Nulon over Penrite, because it has higher boiling point up to +128C.

Edited by krigeroz

3 minutes ago, krigeroz said:

Because, both look very similar with the same specs, I may think that they make them at the same factory somewhere in Australia. 

They have the same specs to comply with OEM requirements. You will be fine to use what you have. 

I am getting prepared for the coolant flush, initially I thought that there is only one plug under the radiator (the yellow one) but then came across that there is one more, somewhere in front of the oil pan.... Is that the case?

Right now Red Coolant is on sale for $20 long life 8 years on their site it shows 6 but once you go to the shop you find that they sell 8 years long life.

Why not use Toyota red? Its basically one of thr best coolants available. It gets changed very infrequently as its long life. Toyota puts there name to it ( for whatever thats worth) and your full flush doesnt need to be so through. Just dump put what you can. Plug it. Refill with new stuff. If there is a bit if old coolant left over it will just mix through. Easy.

1 hour ago, Thirteen said:

Why not use Toyota red? Its basically one of thr best coolants available. It gets changed very infrequently as its long life. Toyota puts there name to it ( for whatever thats worth) and your full flush doesnt need to be so through. Just dump put what you can. Plug it. Refill with new stuff. If there is a bit if old coolant left over it will just mix through. Easy.

Look, I probably would use the original Toyota coolant or ATF if they would be sold in our local SCA or Repco. If I know that the replacement is 90% good as the original and I pay half price compare to the genuine, I feel very happy. ☺ So it is basically convenience getting it from the local store and and amount of money I pay = value for me. Maybe five or ten years ago I would only go with Toyota original supplies but today Toyota's substitute products just as good. 

And my question is, how many taps I need to open for a complete flash? 1,2 or 3? Initially I thought that it is only one, the yellow plug. 

Enough to get all the old coolant out! Or as many points as fluid will come out. 

Best bet if your concerned with it mixing is drain out what you can from all points (including heater core), then fill the system up with demin water. Let that cycle through for few minutes. Then open all the taps to drain out. Demin last i checked is about $6 for 5L. This will dilute the old stuff enough. Then fill up with new stuff. 

Edited by Thirteen

TY Ashley, very helpful info as usual

Keep Well and Safe on the black stuff

KAA

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

Finally got around to checking the manual. Apparently there are 3 drain cocks. Attached document may be of some further assistance

Thank you, the reason I asked about additional drain plugs, after I saw this video: 

Then I was like... Ooh there is more drain plugs.... :ohmy:

Capture57.jpg

Did you you know about the orange 10 years Nulon coolant? Just now I saw it on Nulon website. I've never seen it at SCA before. It could be a direct replacement with Toyota's long life coolant :cool:.

Toyota also made an ad just for their coolant, it is actually very good ad, especially the end part:

Capture366.jpg

Edited by krigeroz

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

This is a video for the 2GR-FE coolant drain.

Ooh excellent, thank you...

On 11/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, Thirteen said:

Why not use Toyota red? Its basically one of thr best coolants available.

Amazon will be opening  very soon here in Oz, it would be very good competition to SCA and Repco. Once they start selling good range of auto products like in US, why not it would be an easy choice for everyone.

On 22/11/2017 at 8:45 PM, campbeam said:

This is a video for the 2GR-FE coolant drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRRpnMcA6vU

Are you sure its a 2gr? Or you having a guess.... it does say 1MZ in large writing on the head.... plus oil fill port is not 2gr. Oh and description says 1MZ too 😁

Edited by Thirteen

38 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

it does say 1MZ in large writing on the head

Yes. Obviously too much of a rush and did not look at the video closely enough. Just use it as a guide.