AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

74 hiace motor home

turbo charging 12R 1600 motor

2 posts in this topic

Hello all - after advice, i want to turbo and old 12R motor, is there a bolt on kit available, or has anyone got any advice on how to go about it. Alternatively is there a late model (non computer) motors with a bit of grunt that will bolt in as a direct upgrade into a 74 Hiace van - your help is appreciated - cheers

Mate you do realise these things ONLY run a 3 bearing crank,:sad:   save the heartache drop a 3y or 4y straight in, :smile: they will most likely exceed the final turbo figure of the 12r any way naturally aspirated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Neesh
      Hi All,
      I've just had the 130k service done on my Hilux by Toyota and to have them tell me the turbo has to be replaced, at a cost to me of $3k. It was making a whistling/siren sound corresponding to the engine revs  so I suspected it was a turbo problem but didn't expect that it need replacing this early in the cars life. I bought my Hilux brand new and have serviced with Toyota dealers for every service, even outside of warranty. I'd expect a turbo to last more than just over 4 years and 130k on a Toyota. I'm keen to know if anyone else has had a similar issue with there Hilux turbo failures, whether within or just outside of the warranty period and what was the outcome? Thanks
    • By denepeep
      Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, vans and also dual fuel which my new (second hand van) currently has!
      It is a Toyota hiace 1996 with dual fuel. As for engine model and other specifications I am not sure (I pick up the van this Sunday as it is currently getting a roadworthy). 
      However my last few cars I have always serviced myself unless there was a problem that I couldn't fix myself then I would have it checked out. But I have NEVER serviced a dual fuel vehicle or a van. 
      My questions are, Basically what would give me a really good idea with servicing this is what would YOU do/change/check if you were servicing a dual fuel vehicle? (And if you say "change oil", if you could please tell me what kind (may be different because of lpg :/ )) 
      And also is there anything on vans that I would need to lookout for? Anything that wears out more than cars? I have heard something about the radiator needing to be maintained VERY well more so in vans but not sure how true this is... 
      Thanks guys! Any help would be appreciated! 
    • By MekoSix
      I'm wanting to buy a SAAS steering wheel but there is no listing for a 2003 Hiace on their compatibility chart. Anyone of you fine people here had any experience in fitting these?
    • By marks_2_sparks
      Well I have been working on this for a few years and I think it is only fair that I show everyone what I think is worth all that effort.

it is a 1991 AE92 FXGT corolla. i have owned it for the past 5 years over which I have been working on slowly cleaning it up and making it into a clean and very stealthy car.
      This year I have been working with a panel beater friend and we cleaned it right back to not quite bare metal and spent almost 6 months getting the panels straight and clean enough for a fresh coat of factory black.
    • By Hiace_81
      Hey, 
      im seeking a 'water pump back housing' for my 81' hiace? Can anyone help with sourcing one please? Im finding it near impossible to find one...
      or perhaps if anyone could send an image of the part would be of help??
      Thanks so much, 
      jess