AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hello all - after advice, i want to turbo and old 12R motor, is there a bolt on kit available, or has anyone got any advice on how to go about it. Alternatively is there a late model (non computer) motors with a bit of grunt that will bolt in as a direct upgrade into a 74 Hiace van - your help is appreciated - cheers

Mate you do realise these things ONLY run a 3 bearing crank,:sad:   save the heartache drop a 3y or 4y straight in, :smile: they will most likely exceed the final turbo figure of the 12r any way naturally aspirated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MTBer
      Item: TOYOTA CALDINA GT-T  2L TURBO AWD - White
      Item Condition: Excellent Used Condition – no accidents – no finance issues
      Reason for Selling: Regretfully selling due to family issues and too many cars. (Wish I had $$$ to buy a manual 2003 model of these I would!)
      Price and Payment conditions: $7,500 ono, bank transfer (car is yours when I see total in my account)
      Any additional information: Completely Stock/Unmodified ~200kw 2.0L Turbo All Wheel Drive in a nice size wagon with Toyota reliability. Very hard to find in this condition with such low km’s (~109,000).
      ST215 3S-GTE engine (Parts are not a problem because it has the same engine and 4WD system as Celica GT4 – not that I’ve ever had to worry. This put my mind at ease when I bought it.)
      Forget Corollas, This car is awesome, when you own one you’ll realise! I've owned this car for nearly 4 years with no hassles. Oil & filter changed every 5000, very well maintained.
      Features…
      ·         ~200kw(320Nm) 2.0L Turbo All Wheel Drive with Intercooler
      ·         Rare signature 17” Diablo racing wheels (white)
      ·         Pirelli P7 tyres
      ·         Timing belt changed at 66,000
      ·         Aircon so cold you’ll think you’re in Antarctica! Auto control & outside thermometer
      ·         Only used Premium 98
      ·         Tinted windows, p.steer/windows/mirrors

Shipping: Will assist buyer if I am able
      Contact Details: Andrew – SMS/Call 0421100418

• By Danny Cisco
      A few people have told me that, back in the day, a common conversion for my 1984 Hiace (3y engine), would be to swap in the electronic distributor from a certain Tarago and do away with the old points system. 

Now that I'm keen to go ahead on this, I can't for the life of me figure out which Tarago dizzy to get!?!

Any help on this would be super appreciated!

Danny
    • By planthunter
      Hi all. I need some DIY advice. I have a 1999 Toyota Hiace LWB (my first car). According to the mechanic I need the horn replaced. I was told: 'Don't waste your money with us as this car is old. Find a horn at a wrecker and install it yourself - its under the front grill'.  (-_-)
      Has anyone replaced a Hiace horn? Is it difficult? Where do I start? Do I go to a wrecker or Supercheap Auto or ebay? Is it a specific horn? Is it tricky to get the grill off? Do I have to disconnect the battery?
      I need this done before an interstate drive in 2 weeks. My 'mechanic' experience is DIY servicing my sewing machineI, however I feel confident and up to learning how to fix my own car. The husband is super handy (has taken apart and fixed motorbikes etc), but busy leading up to the trip and hasn't dealt with this specific issue before. He is encouraging me to get it done by a pro as he can't afford to spend all day fixing the horn and other things that need to be done. 
      The other things I need to sort out are: replacing the plastic surrounding the headlight and indicator. The indicator is currently gaffer taped in place otherwise it falls out. I am hoping I can save money by learning how to fix my car myself.

• By marks_2_sparks
      Well I have been working on this for a few years and I think it is only fair that I show everyone what I think is worth all that effort.

it is a 1991 AE92 FXGT corolla. i have owned it for the past 5 years over which I have been working on slowly cleaning it up and making it into a clean and very stealthy car.
      This year I have been working with a panel beater friend and we cleaned it right back to not quite bare metal and spent almost 6 months getting the panels straight and clean enough for a fresh coat of factory black.
    • By Kanmuri79
      Found this when looking at wheels on Gumtree. It seems Toyota Australia in 2008/09 approached Auto Salon to upgrade a Yaris and a Rav 4 for a car show.
      Almost a decade along the Yaris is up for sale. It appears to have also lost its original titanium wheels as well.
      https://autocity.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/witheren/cars-vans-utes/camouflage-toyota-yaris/1139136727
      Here is some original info on it:
      http://www.automobilesreview.com/auto-news/toyota-yaris-and-rav4-get-the-auto-salon-treatment/10756/
      And you can find plenty of articles on it including posts from the head of the project on other Yaris forums by googling: toyota camouflage yaris project ng 
      It would be cool if it could get into the hands of those that would really look after it. Hopefully a forum member picks it up.