Lost key for 2006 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 - No spare

rowe

Hi, everybody.

I lost the only key to my 2006 Aurion Sportivo ZR6. It has a keyless ignition and remote doors but the driver-side door can be opened with a key. All the windows are shut and doors locked.

I've gone into two different Toyota dealerships. The first one said it would cost $1600~ for two new keys. They would organise a third party to code the new keys.

The second dealership said that some computer chips would have to be replaced and it would cost $3000~.

So, then I called up various locksmiths around Melbourne. One locksmith said he could cut a new key and program a new remote for $600~. I told him it was keyless ignition with remote doors. He said no problem.

Another locksmith said he needs the keycode number. Don't know what that is. 

Basically, I'm quite confused. Who is telling the truth? I don't know what to do. For this specific model of Aurion, is it possible for a non-Toyota locksmith to cut and code a new key and remote? Has anybody here experienced a similar situation, if so, how did you resolve it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I was looking at a 2007 Toyota Aurion ATX in Melbourne without keys advertised on eBay. This is why I contacted the local Brisbane Office for some advice. I was advised that no replacement of ECU or immobiliser chips under the dash would be required.

Quoted $260 to come to vehicle and cut replacement key with transponder. $360 for both ignition key and door remote. Advised that up to 2011 models, it is straightforward [for them] Later models with push start ignition are a bit more difficult but doable.

They have a Melbourne Office.

http://www.replacementcarkeys.com.au/lost-keys/toyota

2 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I was looking at a 2007 Toyota Aurion ATX in Melbourne without keys advertised on eBay. This is why I contacted the local Brisbane Office for some advice. I was advised that no replacement of ECU or immobiliser chips under the dash would be required.

Quoted $260 to come to vehicle and cut replacement key with transponder. $360 for both ignition key and door remote. Advised that up to 2011 models, it is straightforward [for them] Later models with push start ignition are a bit more difficult but doable.

They have a Melbourne Office.

http://www.replacementcarkeys.com.au/lost-keys/toyota

Thanks. I appreciate the reply, but that site says Melbourne is unavailable at the moment. Plus, my Aurion is push start ignition, too :/