LED headlights

krigeroz

I was about to replace my halogens bulbs with led ones and just found that they are illegal In Australia...

Have anyone replaced their halogens lights with LED ones?

https://www.racq.com.au/cars-and-driving/safety-on-the-road/driving-safely/headlights

Edited by krigeroz

• 2 weeks later...

There are cars having LEDs as an option by the manufacturers... The best thing to do here is to take the LED lights out of such a car. Try online forums/portals for banged-up cars with parts being sold off... The best case, you would need just the bulb? The worst case, you may have to make some modification to your current assembly to fit the entire 'other car' assembly into it... That being said, the extent to which you have your heart set to have the LEDs will decide if you can go that extra mile. And if you decide to, then there is no shortage of mechanics to help you with that.

Suggest that you give LED headlights a miss. Attached URL explains the different headlights.

When I have replaced halogen bulbs [not yet in the Aurion], I have selected halogen bulbs with more light output. Trade-off can be the bulb life, higher intensity but shorter life. 

This UK seller does have LED replacements for the fog lamps.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h11

http://www.caradvice.com.au/278125/headlights-explained-halogen-v-hid-v-led-v-laser/

Great read, I know the Police around the Central Coast here in NSW are pretty severe on Mods like headlights, so I suggest being very sure before altering yours Peter

thanks Ashley for the great Info

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

Based upon reading the specifications for different Osram and Philips halogen bulbs, there is a trade off between Kelvin and Lumens ratings and bulb life. Extreme white and brighter bulbs have a shorter life compared to original equipment.

Personally, I would find halogen bulbs rated at 30-60% more light on the road very suitable for my urban night time driving.

However, if I was doing a lot of night time driving on country roads then I would be going for the higher specification bulbs because the driving/safety advantage would easy outweight having to possibly replace them every 2 years.