Toyota Dealers - Another bad experience

Purchased second hand Camry Altise from Mentone Toyota, two years old, when signing for vehicle I asked about spare key and was told they needed to 'find it'. On vehicle collection, I again asked for spare key and was told that they couldn't find it, but would follow up. After some weeks and not having luck with phone, I went to dealer and was told that key was ordered and they would deliver to my letterbox at home, this never happened. When I went for first service, said that I wanted spare key programmed, when picking vehicle up I was advised that as nothing was in writing, I had to pay $300 for key. At same time, when buying vehicle, was told that it came with fixed price servicing at $189, I have a form with this on it from when I purchased the vehicle. With first service, was told that fixed price service did not include log book entry as only did Oil and Filter, no checks in log book, unless I paid $300. So for first service after car purchase, I expected $189, but was charged $575 and they did not fill out log book entry as I had not paid enough.  Think I should go back?  Toyota, great cars, appalling dealers. 

Sounds like the usual communication/perspective gap between Sales and Service.Personally, I have never used the Service Advantage and have not been in a dealership for about 6 years  I have attached a few relevant URLs to help you be more informed before going back to the Dealer. Never hurts to have actual printouts to support any negotiation.

https://www.toyota.com.au/owners/service/service-advantage

http://www.mentonetoyota.com.au/service/m/toyota-genuine-service-terms-conditions/

Thanks Campbeam,

These were brilliant, from the first link "This includes all items in your full logbook service schedule, such as Toyota Genuine Parts, labour and fluids for that added peace of mind" and from the second "The Program provides eligible guests with the maximum price that they will have to pay for a participating dealer to perform a standard scheduled log book service (under normal operating conditions) on their eligible vehicle" and "all items specified under the standard 'Maintenance for Normal Operating Conditions' schedule detailed in the Warranty and Service Logbook."

I was specifically told that they would not fill out my log book due to not doing all the logbook checks, which is the complete opposite of all the above.  How do they think they can get away with advising me in writing of $189 fixed price servicing and then charging me $575 and refusing to sign the logbook, due to not performing all the checks.  They do not have a leg to stand on.

Ironically when I check the first link now and click on terms and conditions it comes up with " This page is currently down for maintenance. "  I think they could be updating their terms, jokes on them though, because soon as I found your links I saved all the pages to my computer for future reference.

Thanks Again.