How do I bleed Tarago cooling system?

Pratto123

Look, I bought this 1998 Tarago from a shyster of a dealer not too long ago. I was desperate for a seven seater to fit the whole family and then some.

Long story short, I need to know how to bleed this thing''s cooling system as I had to refill it. Sorry, no, fill it, seeing as I opened it to find that there was no coolant in the reserve. Now, a little way down the track, my temp gauge started spiking and carrying on, which lead me to belI've that there may be air bubbles in the system. 

When I got home, the reserve tank all but purged itself all over my driveway. The heatwave of the last few days didn't help my cause, either. 

On my way to work, the temp gauge hit the red and stayed there again. Thankfully, the night air was cool enough the keep the engine from totally cooking and I was able to get home on a radiator full of water. 

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think of this, as, in my experience, this behaviour can also be linked to a blown head gasket, which I simply can't afford.

May I add that the water kept the temperature gauge at a reasonable level for the drive home, even when I tested it with the A/C.

Please tell me how I can bleed this system.

I think that you will be interested in this thread. Hopefully, It is sludge or blockage in the radiator rather than a blown head gasket.

Just remembered, definitely check your engine thermostat, it may not be functioning correctly. This would explain the temperature gauge in the Red and the radiator is full.

Based upon my experience with a different vehicle which was doing what you have described, I should have thoroughly flushed the radiator and NEVER added the Head Gasket Fix which I now believe attributed to the water pump seal leaking. I did replace the radiator cap but can't remember whether I did replace the thermostat.

• 1 month later...

Since the expansion tank is high, it should bleed itself while idling. I recently did a head gasket on a TCR10, bloke had overheating issues, all the hoses were stiff and full of crap. Ended up replacing the radiator, water pump, all hoses and replaced head gasket. Have you checked our engine oil?