Hilux obd2 error code p1250

Brendanlaws

Hi. 

Has anyone experienced their hilux go into limp mode and loose all power with engine check light on.

I own a 2012 kun26r hilux. Today i was driving along the highway in 40 odd degrees, doing a 100 ks in cruise control, when the car shutdown and i lost all power and eventually came to a stop.

I had a good check over of the car then decided to clear the error code (p1250) with my data scan tool and was able to get back on my way without a problem and travelled another 200ks to get home.

Im thinking its nothing major and have been talking to people and researching the code p1250 and seems turbo and waste gate related. Im hoping i just over worked it in the heat and all will be good.

I was carrying a fair amount of weight plus a loaded trailer. 

Any suggestions/thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Edited by Brendanlaws

Apparently error codes above 1000 are/can be vehicle manufacturer specific. The following URLs should give you a few ideas particularly about fuel level and delivery pressure.

As regular preventative maintenance items, I clean the throttle body and idle control valve and also check the fuel cap seal [give the seal an occassional spray with WD40]

Something else that I do when I am travelling interstate is to temporarily loosen the fuel cap to remove the vacuum in the fuel tank. My logic being that it will be easier for the fuel pump to work when the fuel level is down..

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/topic19703.aspx

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1250.html

http://parts.olathetoyota.com/p1250-code

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?284487-P1250-Code

• 11 months later...

Interesting, do these error codes happen in all toyotas

Hey so just wondering why Hilux is the top selling car right now :D. Just a trend I suppose
Esp. when you see a hilux and its driven by some dude whos just an average Joe Smith Tiler or something

Edited by AlexeiN

Error codes happen to all brands of vehicles. Never has an error code appear in my 1998 Camry and 2006 Aurion.

31 minutes ago, AlexeiN said:

just wondering why Hilux is the top selling car right now

There are so many variants/models of the Hilux available. So I have been told, if you want to go travelling in the outback, there is a good availability of spare parts and local mechanic know how to fix them.

iTS WEIRD when you see a hilux and the guy is just called Paul Mcgradey lawyers. 

People just follow the trend like sheep

Hey campbeam, about your signature... I once opened google maps in metro sydney and it was Faster to 
walk to a location then drive (bcos thats how bad the traffic was). There is some food for thought.

Edited by AlexeiN