AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Bendee

Paseo engine into starlet

2 posts in this topic

HI guys,

First time posting, just wondering if you guys could clear up a few questions I have, in converting a ep91 5 speed starlet and putting the paseo 1.5L engine in to it.

Question 1:

Is the engine loom in the starlet the same as the loom in the Paseo or will I need the Paseo loom?

Question 2:

The starlet is currently a 5 speed manual the Paseo donor car I have is an automatic, will the Paseo ecu run if I keep the manual transmission? 

Question 3:

Will the 5 speed starlet box bolt straight onto the Paseo engine? 

And are there any other modifications I need to do? 

Or any other info that would help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Ben,

I don't know about the wiring loom of EP91 Starlet and Paseo, but I did put a 4EFTE into my Toyota Sera which originally has a 5EFHE engine.
You're going the other way from 4E to 5E :)

So gearboxes should bolt up just fine.

However, I have to have a manual ECU because the auto in Turbo Starlets is electronically controlled by the ECU and my mechanical gearbox won't return the correct signals.

I think you'll need to find out if the Paseo donor has an electronically controlled auto box, or mechanical. Sadly, I don't know the difference except the wiring & ECU. So maybe that will be some help - auto ECU from Turbo starlet has 3 plugs, manual has 2. If your ECU's are both the 2 plug variety, you're probably safe.

Good luck & have fun :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nvt31
      Hi everyone. 
      Im looking for a bullbar for my 2000 xtra cab ute. I'm finding it really hard to find one. Anyone know where I can or what type I should be looking for? 
      Thanks!
    • By CorollaMollah
      Hey guys

I have recently purchased a Toyota corolla 1999 CSI SECA Hatch and want more power under the hood. It was suggested by a friend that I engine swap the small 1.6L engine out for another model/ bigger one from a camry (1.8L - 2.0L) or Vienta (2.0L v6). Being on my P's I'm guessing there is a power to weight limit. Any suggestions with what engine i can fit and what would be legal for me to drive?

- Thomas

Are there any newer engines that may fit? 
    • By dominover
      I will be replacing the rear shocks in my Toyota Starlet 1999 model soon (Right rear shock is creaking when I drive over uneven road and sit in the car when stationary, just when I put weight in the car) and am not sure what to get.
      I don't know if I can fit only one kind of shock or are there several types for this car?
      I will probably carry all my tools in the back which adds to the weight in the back of the car.  I'm currently noticing that the car 
      really bounces up and down if I go over large speed humps too quickly.  Maybe something a little firmer would be better but I'm not sure if I even have that option.  
      Can anyone advice me on choosing the right REAR SHOCKS for my 1999 Starlet 3 door hatch?
      Thanks
    • By Nicolai Hansen
      We are two Danish backpackers, we own a 95 LWB Hiace. We have just recieved the horrible news, that the car is only running on 3 cylinders. A repair by a proper mechanic would cost us 3000 AUD. 
      As I see it we have 3 options 1. Sell the car, but what is it worth? It has done 390,000 km. 2. Gamble and keep the car, and hope that it's gonna start. Problems is the the fuel efficiency, is pretty bad and it is taking forever to get it on 80 km/hour. 3. Fix the car drive it for the rest of our trip (3.5 months) and then sell it. 
      Any suggestions? Any Hiace owners who have tried the same thing? 
      Thank you for helping!