Hi!

Gazelle 1950

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club, I have restored a few of the early RA60's and RA65's over the years, more recently was a RA60 Sunchaser convertible.

Not sure what research your doing? but feel free to pm me or ask away on forum if you need any info.

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I'm currently about 11 months into a 3 month overhaul/ minor restoration

The planned work was to replace leaking engine seals and gaskets (due to the car only being driven every 6-8 weeks or less)

Also all steering and suspension bushes, joints and linkages.

I had a friend who does mostly Tuff Truck work who modified the front control arm by adding a strengthening piece on the bottom as well as fitting the new bushes

Brake discs, pads and a fluid flush

To finish of with a wheel alignment, replacement of normal service items along with timing chain and water pump.

So far I have done the front end brakes, steering and suspension. Most of the engine work including a new radiator.

I have the rear end bushes, rear brakes, the rear main seal to do so I will replace the clutch when the gearbox is out.

This is all because it is over 30 years old and has not had a lot of use in the last 8 years so I'm hoping this will make it reliable for years to come.

I plan to drive it more often with historic rego (the normal rego ran out last week) and also compete in a few local motorkhana, Khanacross, Autocross and hillclimb events just for fun.

The biggest issues I have had are the combo switch is stuffed and I could not locate a replacement, they are available new from the U.S but they are the opposite to ours so no good.

In the end along with consultation of an auto electrician I bought a new switch assembly to suit a 1984 Corolla (same bolt pattern but different plug) and the auto electrician is re-wiring it to suit the Celica minus the 1 position for the headlights opening, this he will add a relay so the lights pop up with the parking lights.

A couple of exhaust brackets have also posed a few issues finding them and am yet to locate replacements for these. 

I also had issues with any information on the engine body dampener/ or engine vibration shock absorber or replacement bushes for it. (also not sure what it's really called)

My Tuff Truck friend will also be creating some under body bash plates when the car is finishedIMG_9345.JPG

IMG_8999.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_7238.JPG