AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but wanted to get some opinions on lowering my facelift levin, I was thinking superlows, but wanted to see if any of you guys have lowered your rollas/levins and could give me your opinion on what height, brands & stuff to go with, also if you have any pictures of your car if you have done so? The cheaper the option the better, keen to see some modified/lowered levins, thanks for any help guys

Hi Josh,

I dropped my wagon on king superlows and new shocks at the same time.

check out my profile pic to see what it looks like.

no problems going over speed humps, steep driveways can scrape the tow ring at the rear.

Spring and shock combos are always going to be the cheaper option. It's probably best not to use the standard worn shocks with lowered springs as they'll likely wear down, from what I've heard.

King Springs are great, a lot of Corolla's I've seen from 2003-2006/7 run them. Koni shocks seem to have great feedback too. It may end up been close to the cost of 'cheaper' coilovers but, it won't have any of the discomfort of coilovers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Xcainx
      Hey guys
      I just bought a 11/2007 Corolla and I want to chuck on some nice wheels, an exhaust and a body kit of some kind. Eventually adding all the bells and whistles as I go along.
      I'm not really in the know with cars and am looking to start working on this myself as much as I can but don't know where to start shopping or what is compatibile with my car.
      Any suggestions, information, brands, pricing etc for a lower budget newbie to make my car look and sound tough would be greatly appreciated 

• By dwee.
      Hi all,

Car is sold and I have some extra parts lying around that some of you may want to buy.

Cheers,

Pete.

Item 1: Rhino Rack roof racks to suit ZRE152
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for Selling: Extra parts, car is sold
      Price and Payment conditions: $200 SOLD
      Any additional information:
      Shipping: Prefer pickup or postage at buyers expense
      Pictures:
      20170309_175639 by dwee., on Flickr
      Contact Details: via PM

Item 2: OEM ZRE152 Tailights (Pair)
      Reason for Selling: Extra parts, LED taillights installed, car is sold
      Price and Payment conditions: $200
      Pictures:
      20170319_164741 by dwee., on Flickr

Item 3: Toyota 6CD Stacker Headunit
      Price and Payment conditions: $60
      Pictures:
      20170319_164859 by dwee., on Flickr
      20170319_164905 by dwee., on Flickr
      20170319_164914 by dwee., on Flickr

Item 4: OEM ZRE152 Headlight Protectors (Pair)
      Price and Payment conditions: $30
      Pictures:
      20170319_164624 by dwee., on Flickr
    • By Strat
      Hi, the ignition key to our 2006 Corolla lost its internal circuit block after the case with the buttons fell apart.  We've been unable to find the part that fell out.  We have a second key which is still working.  Is there a smarter/cheaper way to get a second key back as I'm being told Toyota want $230 for the key blank, pay extra to locksmith to cut the key, then pay $70 to Toyota service to program the key.  It all seems like a really bad joke considering this only happened due to faulty Toyota key design causing it to break.  If I don't get a second key back and the sole working key is lost apparently its fatal for the car.   Anyone been through this before, particularly in Melbourne?

• By mar06mir
      Hi guys,
      Replaced coolant today. A relatively easy job, but I'm not sure if I managed to drain all the old coolant. First opened the radiator tap and drained about 4.5L, then opened the engine block drain (v. hard to get to) but only got 50mL or so out of this one. According to service manual there should be about 5.5L total. Any ideas?
    • By Raja Talha
      Hey guys, I'm about to modify my AE80 Corolla. It's been neglected for quite some time due to lack of capital. Kindly point out the issues with my to-do list, list is as follows:
      1. Full body work.
      2. Paint Java Black pearl (Subaru's 18L).
      3. Engine 2ZZGE or 3SGTE, they are costing same. (Kindly point out issues).
      4. Tires 195/55R15 or 205/50R15, which one is going to be better.
      5. Bucker seats and other interior work.
      6. Lowering springs.
      *Both engines are available at $1000, will swapping 3sgte ruin it's handling/braking or driving dynamics because it's heavier?
      Can 2zzge 6-speed be swapped in AE80 without any alteration?
      Currently 3SGTE has been swapped by some guy but I haven't been able to reach him somehow.