Aircon issue on the driver side

azazkhan

I'm pretty sure it is electro servo controlled. The climate control is touch button so, I think you are correct there Trent.

Could be a loose wire on the controller or what I mentioned previously. I can't imagine the damper motor could be faulty, more than likely the signal isn't reaching it.

If someone has been frigging around in that center dash area, may have not coupled the molex plugs properly. All it takes is for one pin to not make contact and all hell breaks loose..

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my drift.

ho

6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Could be a control damper in that line of ductwork. Seems like it's bleeding air off the heater coil. 

You need to get under the dash and trace out that line of ductwork and check .

will check the duct work

You mentioned that you recently purchased the car. I'm guessing a private purchase yes ?

Otherwise you could take it back to the dealer for a warranty repair.

When I mentioned someone could have been fiddling around behind the console, I didn't suggest it was you.

Could have been already fiddled with before you purchased.

Was the A/C tested by you prior to buying the car ?

22 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

You mentioned that you recently purchased the car. I'm guessing a private purchase yes ?

Otherwise you could take it back to the dealer for a warranty repair.

When I mentioned someone could have been fiddling around behind the console, I didn't suggest it was you.

Could have been already fiddled with before you purchased.

Was the A/C tested by you prior to buying the car ?

i bought it my from my uncle & he purchased brand new from the dealer.

there was gas leak which was repaired by me re-gassed & which was working fine until the issue occurred 

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

quick update there was a leak behind the dash. which was required to open the complete dash. the dealer repairs here is quite expensive. 

took it to one garage here he used some other gas first & then filled it with the normal ac gas. the gas was supposed to close up any leak & it worked some how.

all this cost me 120 dirhams which around 44 Australian dollar. the cost of opening the complete dash was 500 dirhams plus parts  

• 2 months later...

The worst place to get a leak. I feel for you. Most likely a dry O ring will cause a leak. 

Your guy used a leak sealer. We also have a similar product here for HVAC equipment. It is only useful on a system where there is a small, hard to get to leak.

It's always advisable to use the AC regularly in your car as the compressor oil, which does circulate with the refrigerant, will serve to help keep the O rings "wet" and keep the system sealed.

You got away with it very cheaply too. 44 Australian dollars for all that work is very cheap.

I hope you have no further issues. 

All the best :thumbup1: