AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

AussieLE

Anyone have their C-HR yet?

212 posts in this topic

I ordered a 2WD Koba in crystal pearl with a black roof on March 11.   I liked the car from the ads and I LOVED it after the test drive.   Signed my contract the same day. 

But a 3 month wait?  😕  Told today by my dealer that production on my car starts May 1st. 

Anyone know how long after that?   Are the ones for Oz made in Japan or Turkey?  

I'm dreaming about a darn car. 😜🙄

1 person likes this

It's a busy time. It seems like the C-HR might be quite popular.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, AussieLE said:

I ordered a 2WD Koba in crystal pearl with a black roof on March 11.   I liked the car from the ads and I LOVED it after the test drive.   Signed my contract the same day. 

But a 3 month wait?  😕  Told today by my dealer that production on my car starts May 1st. 

Anyone know how long after that?   Are the ones for Oz made in Japan or Turkey?  

I'm dreaming about a darn car. 😜🙄

Congrats on your Purchase, I was very tempted the order the same colour combo you have, it's just that my previous 2 Camry hybrids have been in Crystal pearl, love the colour but time to change I am lucky to have my Son as an Assistant Sales Manager at the Toyota dealership, as he has explained to me, if you have been told production starts in May on your order, you will get June delivery, probably end of June.

Aussie C-HR is made in Japan

1 person likes this

I already have mine.  Received it a week ago.  Koba in Shadow Platinum with Black roof.

My Dealer warned me back in November when I first showed interest that there would be a waiting list.  I signed a contract back then dependent on Price, a test drive and me actually liking the car.  This allowed them to have the car here in the first batch that arrived.

Loving the car.  Great to drive.  Getting some looks in public as well.

Ordered mine on 1 April - 2WD Model in Atomic Rush with a couple of accessories (side steps, silver garnishes on side and mirrors) ...price of accessories is nuts. I ditched front/rear garnishes after it totalled $2500! 

Hope mine is also in the 1 May build run.

Dealer insisted there were only 600 bound for Australia which sounded ridiculous as I'd read there were 6,000 due over this year. 

First Toyota for me, have owned pretty much every other major brand. 

What sold me on this car was the active safety gear. Test drive went well, had enough power for me.

Congrats Justin.

Maybe our cars will be siblings. Lol. 

It's nice to read a guy (assumption from your name) say that the car has enough power.

👍🏻👍🏻

1 person likes this

Dealer called yesterday to advise ETA was < 31 July 2017.

Been researching the overseas models - seems various infotainment systems deployed around the globe...Europe get Toyota Touch 2 (8" with DAB+ radio), Canada get some other version (7" analog radio) while Australia get a 6.1" unit with analog...no idea what it's called. Shame the USB hangs out of it. Sounds great though from my demo but forgot to notice if Bluetooth Audio shows artist/album info. Anyone know?

1 person likes this

So exciting that you have a definite date Justin. 

I'm not sure about the bluetooth info. Hopefully it does. 

3 hours ago, Justin70 said:

Sounds great though from my demo but forgot to notice if Bluetooth Audio shows artist/album info. Anyone know?

I'd say there is a high chance it does. My 2013 Hilux SR has it and that is a very basic headunit.

2 people like this

Yep. Head unit displays both artist and song on the home screen and more info on the dedicated audio screen.

2 people like this

Got to test drive again, but on my own, for about 90 mins today. I rang and said you've already sold me one but I'd really like another drive. They said all good, come in. Then when I went in the sales manager said do you mind taking it by yourself, we're short-staffed. Take it for as long as you want, just return by 5pm. BONUS!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻

Was enough time to really test a range of things that the regular half hour with salesman usually isn't. 

Merging speed/power (plenty), back seat room (fine if not behind me), comfort of driver's seat (really good lumbar support), braking (stops on a dime), voice control for phone calls (needs work), Bluetooth connection with my iphone (music doesn't go very loud), all round vision (back and sides for me were fine, front with mirror a little restricted, but I got used to it), cruise control (will need to get used to stalk instead of steering wheel control, and I think the lowest speed might be 45kph), LDA (love when it turns the wheel to put you back on track). 

I even wondered about the size difference in comparison to my current car. It's a bit taller, wider and longer. And it has better clearance for driveways. It dwarves my car slightly. I do like the driving seat height which is higher. 

And I checked that it definitely had artist and song with music through Bluetooth. 

Still in love!

IMG_8293.PNG

IMG_8292.PNG

IMG_8284.JPG

4 people like this

Great looking / good efficient & reliable transport.

interesting that you say the music didn't go very loud with your iphone.   Mine seems to be more than fine.  What model phone do you have?

When the cruise control is set it will bring the car to a complete stop and accelerate again as long as it still has a radar return off the car in front.  If the car goes around a corner it stops working.

The LDA is amazing.  It confused someone who took the car for a drive when he didn't indicate changing lanes and the car tried to force him back into the correct lane.  I still dont get why all the reviews complain about power.  There is more than enough.

It is a car you will love owning.

1 person likes this

Not sure about iPhone, but some Android phones drop volume to a 'safe' level when connecting to a new device. You just need to turn up the phone volume if that has happened.

Signed on the dotted line today. ETA July 30!

Congratulations.  That's very exciting.  What specs did you choose?

I wonder why I don't have a definite arrival date yet. 

2WD Koba with a Yellow/Black paint. 

Agree on the accessories. Really wanted the black rims but not for $1000! Dealer suggested getting the stock rims powder coated which I'll look into. 

1 person likes this

On 12/04/2017 at 10:58 PM, ChittyChittyCHR said:

2WD Koba with a Yellow/Black paint. 

Agree on the accessories. Really wanted the black rims but not for $1000! Dealer suggested getting the stock rims powder coated which I'll look into. 

Was quoted $1400 and thought the same thing. Ended up with a red one with silver garnishes and mirrors so just waiting to see how the stock wheels look with that setup. 

On 11/04/2017 at 10:01 AM, AussieLE said:

And I checked that it definitely had artist and song with music through Bluetooth. 

Still in love!

IMG_8293.PNG

Thanks for testing the Bluetooth. The infotainment looks pretty good. Sounds like a great test drive. I would press them for a date, surely would know by now.

1 person likes this

IMG_7370.thumb.JPG.0a3bdbc0834c5e49528439b2674d9e8f.JPGI got quoted just under $1000 for the black wheels which is a lot but just couldn't say no.

4 people like this

Angoth - it's a beauty alright!!  Congrats!

👍🏻😁👍🏻

1 person likes this

Yay!!!, the Day has arrived, picked up Today 27.04.2017

I will take better pics when we have better weather, wanted to get home before it bucketed down

:smile:

20170427_142420.jpg

20170427_120440.jpg

20170427_142159.jpg

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Yay!!!, the Day has arrived, picked up Today 27.04.2017

I will take better pics when we have better weather, wanted to get home before it bucketed down

:smile:

Don't forget to create a Members Rides thread and post the pics there.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/43-members-rides/

1 person likes this

Nice Mr H, very nice. 

I got told on Monday that my production date has been pushed back to June 1st which I was grumpy about. Dealer claims that I should still have it by the end of June.

Edited by AussieLE
1 person likes this