Anyone have their C-HR yet?

AussieLE

16 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Us 86 guys were real keen, we even stalked the boat it was on & it's whereabouts on its way to Oz ! They were hot property back then  . . .

Fixed. :wink:

• Like 2

On 26/05/2017 at 8:28 PM, Justin70 said:

Does your contract include an estimated delivery date? Just noticed mine is blank which looks like a sneaky trick by the dealer given what I just read on consumer affairs site:

Make sure a delivery date is specified, otherwise you may have a long wait for the vehicle. If the dealer cannot specify a delivery date, the contract should include a date after which you no longer wish to proceed with the purchase. 

It sounds like a date should be included just to give you an option should the delay be ridiculously long.

Looked at my contract over the weekend, delivery date was also blank. 

I will wait until they tell me it's started this week, then ask for the tracking details. 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻 for this week. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2017 at 6:19 PM, AussieLE said:

Looked at my contract over the weekend, delivery date was also blank. 

I will wait until they tell me it's started this week, then ask for the tracking details. 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻 for this week. 

After a few emails and calls finally got tracking details! Hasn't started production yet but happy I can login and check for myself.

• Like 2

Just now, Justin70 said:

After a few emails and calls finally got tracking details! Hasn't started production yet but happy I can login and check for myself.

That's excellent news Justin. 

Seeing I was told production would start today & they said they'd keep me in the know, I will call tomorrow if I haven't heard from them. 

What should I be asking for with the tracking details?

12 hours ago, AussieLE said:

That's excellent news Justin. 

Seeing I was told production would start today & they said they'd keep me in the know, I will call tomorrow if I haven't heard from them. 

What should I be asking for with the tracking details?

Hi - customer order number and access code :).

The order number goes in first and access code second on this page:

https://webapps.toyota.com.au/

The stock controller at the dealer has the details.

Hope it's on the production line !

When I contacted my dealership about tracking details, they basically made me feel like an annoyance for asking. 

Then today I got email saying the delivery date has been pushed back to 17th July. I mean what a bloody surprise. Not!

I'm at the point now where I have my doubts that I'll get the stupid car before Christmas. 

All the excitement has been leached out now, and I guess I'll get it when I get it, and just not bother them any more. The only reason I'm not tossing in the towel is because I don't want to go back to square 1 after waiting 3 mths already.

I think I'll be choosing a different dealer to get my services done though. I haven't felt like a valued customer, more a hindrance. 

Rant over. 😕

• Like 1

It's a frustrating wait but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. I've hit up my dealership for the tracking details on Friday, the salesperson said they would track it down for me. They gave me a July 31st delivery date from the get go. I haven't had any other dealings but they were friendly and quick to respond. Sorry to hear about your experience. That said during the shopping phase I did walk into some terrible dealerships. Probably the worst was Sydney City Toyota who throughly ignored me on the showroom floor, didn't understand the Koba was the top spec variant and then later over the phone said the price was higher than that on its own website! 

Looking forward to my new car. The wait is a PITA, but good things come to those who wait. We will probably have our new toys on the same boat. 

• Like 1

I know some things are unavoidable, but I just wish they wouldn't say things that obviously aren't true. 

Hopefully we both get our tracking details on Monday. 

47 minutes ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

That said during the shopping phase I did walk into some terrible dealerships. Probably the worst was Sydney City Toyota who throughly ignored me on the showroom floor, didn't understand the Koba was the top spec variant and then later over the phone said the price was higher than that on its own website! 

Looking forward to my new car. The wait is a PITA, but good things come to those who wait. We will probably have our new toys on the same boat. 

I think that any new model is going to come with some difficulties for the salespeople. A number of the C-HR accessories are mutually exclusive and that complicates the whole process. As we stood at the big screen trying to configure the options, it was a little frustrating as things disappeared off the screen as we played. It was a good learning curve for the salesperson and myself.

On poor salesmanship, I did go into one dealer that tried to lie to me about the condition of my own car that I wanted to trade. When I challenged the lies the salesperson kept making the lie more and more elaborate until on the third exaggeration I just stood up and left the dealership. He was obviously a used car salesperson and doesn't understand that lies and aggressive behaviour is the last thing a NEW car buyer wants or needs.

The dealer I bought my Koba from made the whole process enjoyable with lots of good humoured banter between all the staff, they were even gracious enough to admit that my trade was a highly sought after model with a high resale value, I already knew this. It didn't improve the trade in value, but it was higher than the aggressive liar and I also know that buying a car with a trade is a package deal, the price movement is between the margins the dealer has on the new vehicle and the retail value of the trade.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AussieLE said:

When I contacted my dealership about tracking details, they basically made me feel like an annoyance for asking. 

Then today I got email saying the delivery date has been pushed back to 17th July. I mean what a bloody surprise. Not!

I'm at the point now where I have my doubts that I'll get the stupid car before Christmas. 

All the excitement has been leached out now, and I guess I'll get it when I get it, and just not bother them any more. The only reason I'm not tossing in the towel is because I don't want to go back to square 1 after waiting 3 mths already.

I think I'll be choosing a different dealer to get my services done though. I haven't felt like a valued customer, more a hindrance. 

Rant over. 😕

Frustrating but will be worth that wait. I keep going back to my original shopping list (HRV / Qashqai / Tucson) and nothing has anywhere near the safety spec of this car for the money. Doesn't help when you get an unhelpful dealer who makes you feel like an annoyance - that is just wrong and to their own detriment.Why they don't proactively provide tracking is beyond me - that would seem like a logical thing to do for customer experience and a good marketing benefit, however it seems they have little clue about that.

• Like 1

I take your point but my expectation on a two trim level car that they should know one from another. Perhaps there are some good folks at SCT but at both their sites I was ignored on the floor which is pretty poor. 

I'm happy to forgive my sales person not proactively giving me the tracking details, he was quick to let me know he's on it which I appreciate. 

Toyota corporate will ask to fill out a post purchase survey. Poor feedback can be quite costly to the dealership in terms of incentive they receive off sales. Use your power fairly and allow management at the dealership to provide service if it's truly lacking from a particular person. 

• Like 1

After sales and delivery surveys and phone calls, I must admit are a great place to tell it as you see it. Doing so fairly is the key, don't get wrapped up in emotion.

• Like 1

The tracking details are great to have although you will find once you have them it may take a LONG time for details on it to update, eg: "Current Status" will show On Order for a long time & the "Planned Production Month" could easily get pushed back. The upside of this to the dealer is that the owner to be won't be harassing them every week for lies, I mean more updates ;)

• Like 1

Yeah my guys claim to have "no idea" what I'm talking about with tracking.

I contacted Toyota Australia on Twitter to ask and they've asked for my contact number to call me. Hopefully I get something soon. 

• Like 1

I got a call from Toyota today and they're now following up with my local dealer.

The user name is Toyota and the order # (without the 3 zeros) is the other number. 

You only get this number after production starts though. 

3 hours ago, AussieLE said:

I got a call from Toyota today and they're now following up with my local dealer.

The user name is Toyota and the order # (without the 3 zeros) is the other number. 

You only get this number after production starts though. 

Oh boy, they have no idea do they! My login included a 7 digit number for the User Name which is actually the order number. The password is the 7 digit Stock Number which comes up as the access code after logging in. My dealer had access to these details. Mine hasn't started production and I can login.

IMG_1092.PNG

Edited by Justin70
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Let us know how you go with Toyota direct.

I'm sitting here envisioning a factory line, a yellow and black Koba slowly rolling down it. I have too much time on my hands. 

Saw a yellow one today traveling down High St Kew VIC - could not miss it!

• Like 1

St first they told me that tracking wasn't available at the moment.

I'll wait and see what happens. Was your stock number on your contract or did dealers give it to you. 

Mine hand sure doesn't seem to know what the other is doing, that's for sure. 

At least you can watch yours now.

👍🏻😁👍🏻

I ran into the teal/white one bought at my dealer, this week, at local Maccas. It is a beautiful colour. So there'll be at least 2 in my small town. 

Some great features here I didn't realise this car had (self-restore paint, hold function and the cool driver display). Yes, the euro model so some things might no on the Aussie version like the passenger seat height adjust.

• Like 1

Europeans get DAB+ radio as standard. Kinda miffed they dropped it on the Aussie version. They also get a self parking function. I can live without it but it would be a fun little piece of technology. 

I would love to know how the US 2L engine drives. 

I'm happy I made the jump now but it will be interesting to see what the second gen brings. 

• Like 1